CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CAMPFIRE,

6PM

AMY'S TALE

"My tale is true", Amy begun, as everyone settled by the warm campfire. A moon was in the night sky. The lake glistened as it created a sense of doom.

     "I was here at the camp three years ago. Some things were different then. Over a long period of time the rumors of a death curse seeped in campers' minds. Now, I know that Jason is a cause of angst. I know that.

       "...But I want to say that he is alive. Jason can't die; Jason never dies. He comes to this camp because it's his home. His Mom, Pamela Sue Voorhees, was a woman who cooked meals at the camp. When she heard her son had drowned, she freaked out. But Jason never drowned. Jason was in the water in 1957. The counsellors, Barry and Claudette weren't doing their jobs. And, as a result, died the next year in 1958. This is in the archives. People can fob us off by saying Jason isn't alive; Jason is dead. Yet, you cannot say he's really dead. Because that's an untruth. And, at this camp, the truth gets skewered.  I don't care if you don't believe me; I care about the truth. And the truth is this: For a long time, no campers, or counsellors, or anyone dared came here. Because, if they did, they'd all die violently. The true circumstances as to how, or why, Jason survives is an enduring mystery...So, in short, we need to stop him, Now, my friend Delbert will come to save us because he stopped Jason last year. Yet we've seen him. And too many of us can't have vision issues. Something needs to be done...Fast. Otherwise, more people are going to die-and we don't want that to happen", Amy said.

Page 15