Chapter 4

Graces (P.O.V.)

It was 5:15 and I have been calling Zoe and texting her as well, but there was no answer. I decided to go to her house but before I knocked I looked through the window thats when I saw something bad. It was Zoey on the floor, just laying there. I figured something happened with her dad. I didn't want her dad coming down stairs. I saw a window open and I went to the side of the house and climbed threw the window. As soon as I got inside I was trying to be quiet so her dad wouldn't come down stairs.

I quickly ran to her and said

"Zoey are you alright?!?"

"What?" As she opened her eyes and then shut them again.

I grabbed her and started to walk out the door, and then I saw her dad coming back down the stairs! So I quickly put her on the floor and ran to the corner where her dad wont see me. He than kicked her and I had a tear run down my face and she had tears down her face as well. He didn't stop kicking her. I was starting to cry more and more. He then punched her stomach and kicked her again and again and again. "Your just a piece of shit" he said and he went back upstairs and I ran to her grabbed her and started walking out the door. I quietly shut the door and ran to my car carrying my hurt best friend. I was driving as quickly as I can home. As I finally got home I was the only one there. Before I carried Zoey back into my house I first unlocked the door. I ran back to my car and carried her to my room which was pretty hard because my room was upstairs but I didn't care.

As I carried Zoe up to my room I put her on my bed. I looked at her I can already see the bruises starting to form. I broke into tears.

Then Something happened...