Riders of Rohan

My head was shaking from side to side, quite quickly, when I came to. My head was also throbbing, from where the Urak-Hai had knocked me out.

I opened my eyes slowly to find myself on the back of a Urak. My hands were tied around it's neck, and it was running at a steady pace, surrounded by many others of it's kind. It was much bigger than me, but than again, I'm quite a small elf.

I looked around and saw Merry and Pippin on either side of me, in the same position. I knew that the others would be following our tracks, and all we needed to do was survive until they came. That should be...not so easy. They were either going to kill us, eat us, or bring us to Saruman who would torture us. Nothing sounded pleasant.

Surprisingly, I still had my weapons on me, my bow, quiver and swords were on my back. And, after feeling around, my knives were still on my thighs as well. I couldn't tell if my dagger was still in my boot, but I assumed it was.

Knowing I had to do something to help Aragorn and the others find us, I bit the clasp of my cloak and tore it off. I spit it on the ground, and watched the Urak-Hai behind me run over it. I was satisfied. That was the only thing we could do. I looked at Pippin, and smiled encouragingly at him, trying to give him a blink of good feeling and hope. Than I turned to Merry and did the same.

After a while, my head began to hurt more and more. When it had became almost unbearable, the Urak-Hai slowed their running and came to a stop. I breathed a sigh of relief, as I was laid in the ground, my hands still tied together. I closed my eyes and steadied my breathing, trying to get my head to stop pounding. The Urak-Hai began to speak to each other, so I strained my ears to listen.

"We haven't eaten anything in three stinking days!!" one shouted at another-presumably the leader. I didn't really need to try all that hard to listen to them, as they were quite loud. "Why don't we eat them." one proposed, pointing to me and the Hobbits. I winced, wondering what the answer would be. "No! We have strict orders from Saruman!" The leader one yelled at the second. "Why don't we eat their legs?" the same one from before said. "They don't need them!" I drew my legs in close to my body, hoping they wouldn't.

"Come on!" the second Urak-Hai said. "Just a bite!" I was about to protest with a rude remark, but the Urak fell dead before I could.

I looked up with pure confusion, until I saw a huge horse come running into the campsite. I couldn't see the rider, so I didn't know if they were friend or foe. But, as they just killed the things who were about to eat us, I considered him a friend. For now.

More horses came running up to us, killing off the Urak-Hai one by one. I glanced over to the Hobbits, who looked just as scared as I was. Getting an idea, I rolled on my stomach, and began to crawl over to them. "Psst!" I whispered. "Follow me!" I started to crawl again, this time with them right behind me. We crawled until we we couldn't go any further, and stopped to rest. We were nowhere near out of the campsite, but I planned on getting there.

We heard a Urak-Hai behind us start to yell. "Where did the halflings go? And the she-elf! Where are they?" my heart started to pound in my throat, but I motioned for the Hobbits to keep crawling forward.

We would have gotten out safely, if we hadn't heard footsteps behind us. Thinking it was our enemy, I sprawled in a position that would hopefully convince them I was dead. Bringing my head down with force, I hit it on a rock in the ground, sending me back into the dark.

~~<<~~>>~~<<~~>>~~<<~~>>~~

Third Person POV:

Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli, ran over the hills, less than a day behind the Urak-Hai that had captured the two Hobbits and Ryanne.
They were very upset about Boromir's death, but had no time to mourn, as they had to go save their friends.