.:Chapter Seventeen:.

Magnus was hot. Really hot... not like that! He knew how handsome he was (impossibly) but he was hot as in temperature. Catarina said he had a fever. Long story short - He was sick. 

"Stop complaining Maggie," Catarina told him after he started to moan about the temperature. She shoved a bottle of fever medicine and a spoon into Magnus' hands, knowing he hated tablets.
"Take it." The blue warlock demanded, hands on her hips. Magnus reluctantly took the medicine, grimacing at the horrible taste, and was taken by surprise when Catarina thrust a box into his face. Alec's box, he realised after a second of trying to grasp what was going on. The world around him was spinning, around and around and around.
"C-Cat?" He asked, stumbling over his words, "Ca-Can you re-read it, p-please?" He barely registered the nurse nodding and reaching into his shirt to retrieve the silver key that lay against his chest every second of the day. She unlocked the box with swift, nimble fingers and quickly found the letter, enclosed in an envelope that was a violent shade of green, with a small white cross in the top left corner, as he had found out once he recovered. He was too delirious to notice at the time.

Open When... you're sick (#2)

That's what Cat said, or at least he thought that's what she had said. Magnus struggled to watch as the healer opened the letter, as black spots swarmed his vision. When she spoke, she sounded muffled and far away, but he still understood.

Dear Magnus,
                        Honestly, I don't know why I didn't expect this, but you're sick again?!? Thank the Angel I wrote more than one of these things. I wonder what you did this time and how you're ill. I bet you have a fever.

Anyway, that's not important anymore. Just ge-

He was out like a light after that, dead to the world.

When Magnus woke up, there was no sign of Blue (his nickname for Cat which she utterly despised). He rolled over, groaning. Thankfully, the overwhelming heat was gone but the headache remained. On his bedside table was a bit written in Catarina's neat, cursive handwriting along with the offensive envelope that contained Alec's letter. He read the little note first.

Kitten,
           I had to go, I have a double shift at the hospital. You didn't stay awake long enough to hear the rest of the letter,  but he really cares about you, Kitten. Even now.
Blue.

Magnus rolled his eyes at the silly nickname. A kitten, he was not. A panther was more like it. Trying to think of more big cats, the warlock picked up the letter from Alexander.

Dear Magnus,
                        Honestly, I don't know why I didn't expect this, but you're sick again?!? Thank the Angel I wrote more than one of these things. I wonder what you did this time and how you're ill. I bet you have a fever.

Anyway, that's not important anymore. Just get better soon. Don't die on me, okay? I'll wait.

Aku Cinta Kamu.
I love you.

Your Alexander
      Xxx

Magnus smiled, already feeling better. His Alexander always knew what to say, even after death. After placing the letter back in the table, he rolled over in bed once more and drifted off, dreaming of his beautiful blue-eyed boy.