.:Chapter Eighteen:.

Warning: This chapter contains homophobia and violence. If this makes you uncomfortable, please do not read.

Magnus looked around, shaking his head in confusion. There were no street signs around, nothing to show him the way. He was lost in Texas.

The warlock walked around aimlessly for a little while longer, before giving up.  Sure, he could use his magic, but he needed to save it. Damn Mundanes. He spotted a small speak-easy at the end of the deserted street and hurried over to it, hoping for directions of any sort, even if it was 'fuck off!'.

Magnus pulled the bar door open, wiping his hand on his trousers as he went through. God knows what was on that handle. He looked around. There were two men at the bar talking to a bartender, a woman in her late thirties. Adjusting his suit jacket to make him look fancy as fuck, the sparkly warlock walked up to the bar and the two men.
"Excuse me gentlemen, can you he-" he was cut off when the one on the left, the dude with sandy blonde hair and bright green eyes, like a real-life version of Drarry's love child (YES, Magnus kept up to date with popular mundane culture. He thought Harry Potter was utter bullshit. 'Wizards' would never go to war like that!) came up to him. The mundane looked him up and downs tilting his head to one side, kind of like a confused puppy. Magnus took the chance to do the same and noticed a set of three scars on his upper arm. Claw marks.
God damn it, Magnus thought, Do they not know who I am?

By this time, the other dude at the bar, a black haired man with brown eyes and an Asian glow to his skin. He looked like a possible child of Alec and his. The dude also had claw marks, this time on his neck, like Maia's. He also had a paw print tattooed on his left wrist, inked in brown with white patches, presumably the colour of his wolf's fit. Magnus was removed from his thoughts when the blonde one slapped him straight in the face. Magnus stumbles back in shock, clutching his now bright red cheek.
"So Oscar, what are we going to do with this sparkly fag?" The black haired man asked the Drarry dude (it had also occurred to him that the man could also be the child of Jace and Clary). His voice was rough and had a distinct Texan accent to it.
"I have no idea, Erik. What I want to know is why we have the most powerful warlock in the world in our bar?" The blonde - Oscar - replied. His voice was softer and more peaceful and the accent wasn't as noticeable. He sounded as though he was a foreigner, perhaps from another state, who was slowly adapting the local accent.
"Well?" Erik said, crossing his arms, expecting an answer.
"Oh of course. I'm looking for a client, could you help me?" Magnus asked, trying to stay polite.
"So you are him then," Oscar said gruffly, his face breaking into a smug grin.
"Magnus Bane? Indeed I am, gentlem-" The glittery warlock was cut off when Oscar threw a punch at him. Taken by surprise, Magnus didn't have time to dodge and stumbled back as the blow connected with his stomach. He groaned and doubled over as the two Texans took another step towards him. Oscar threw another punch, this time hitting Magnus right where it hurts the most. His knees buckled and he fell to the floor.

The pain was fading slightly when they next spoke.
"So you're the fag that betrayed the downworld, huh?" Oscar practically spat. Erik stood a little behind him, looking hesitant. Magnus knee he was talking about his relationship with Alec before he even said his next sentence.
"Saying that sissy Shadowhunter... honestly Bane, you've gone senile in your old age." The blonde growled, continuing to beat Magnus. The Asian took every kick and punch silently, except for a few whimpers that escaped his lips. Erik looked on, staying and making no moves to aid him. Secretly, the werewolf admired Magnus for being openly gay and taking the beating without hurting the blondie. After a couple more minutes, the black-haired wolf growled.
"STOP! Oscar, just stop!" Erik grabbed Oscar's arm and pulled him back, but Oscar just yanked out of his grip. At this, Erik's eyes glowed green in anger, showing his inner wolf.
"I said STOP!" He yelled and at that, Oscar whined like a puppy and stepped away from Magnus. Erik was the Alpha.

Magnus sighed in relief as the green-eyed man stepped away from him, however reluctantly he did so. Erik came forward and offered the warlock a hand up, which he took gratefully. Magnus fisted himself off as he thanked Erik profusely.
"It's not a problem, really. That pup needs to learn to accept people." Erik replied. Magnus decided that the client could wait (what he really said was "the ass can go fuck himself" when asked why) And quickly healed his injuries. The warlock glares at Oscar as he exchanged numbers with the Alpha so they could work together another time. After a quick exchange of farewells, Magnus opened a portal and left.

Magnus arrived in his loft and immediately flopped down onto the couch. It has been a long day for him and he quickly dozed off into oblivion.