.:Chapter Six:.

Magnus was on the floor. He had just woken up. Why was he on the floor? He saw Izzy a couple of feet away, sitting cross-legged on his carpet. She had her phone in her hand and her fingers were flying across the keyboard. He raised his head to look at her.

Or, he tried to.

Had he lost all his magic? Magnus shook his head. Or, again, tried to. But he was too weak to do anything. He groaned quietly, alerting the shadowhunter that he was awake.

Izzy heard the noise coming from Magnus and immediately dropped her phone and scrambled towards him.
"Magnus, thank god!" She sighed in relief. Magnus could see angry red marks on all her bare skin, like she had been burnt badly.
"You need to rest. You're probably going to be ill. You lost nearly all of your magic!" She told him. And then the memories flooded back. Him, tossing her across the room. Him, screaming in pain. Him, curling in on himself. Him, yelling for it to stop. Him, sobbing and shaking.
"I-Iz-" he croaked.
"No. Don't speak. You need your strength." She said, and then added, "And you don't need to apologise. I get it. And anyway, what are iratzes for?" She chuckled. They sat, or rather, she sat and he layed, on the floor for a few more minutes.
"So you want me to put you in bed? It can't be comfy on the floor." Izzy asked, aware of his situation. Magnus grunted affirmative and the girl picked him up. She carried him gently to his room and set him down on the bed. Magnus was suddenly aware of how tired he was and let the darkness take him when it came.

Magnus could feel the sunlight filtering through the open blinds. He cracked open an eyeball and the first thing he saw was the box on his desk. The box of letters. Finding he could move again, he swung his legs out of the bed, immediately regretting it. His head pounded like he had a massive hangover and he felt sick to his stomach. Groaning, he stood up and made his way to the box with shaking legs. He slumped into the tall-backed  vintage chair and took the key from around his neck, where he had strung it on a silver chain, so he could keep it safe. He unlocked the box and started to look through the letters, reading each envelope carefully, hoping for one that applied to him. And then he found it.

Open When... You're ill (#1)

Magnus slid a trembling finger under the seal and carefully opened it. The letter was written on a beautiful lilac coloured paper, with butterflies decorating the edges. Lilac, one of his favourite colours, just after the blues of his love's eyes. Magnus cracked a small smile as he read.

Dear Magnus,
                        How are you?  I'm sorry you're ill. Even if it isn't my fault, I'm sorry. I would leave cough sweets or something that could help with this letter, but knowing you, you won't need it until I'm long gone, and it'll be out of date. Oh well. It's the thought that counts, as you like to say.
Aku cinta kamu.
I love you.
Get well soon Mags.
Your Alexander
      Xxx

Magnus' smile had grown as he had read the little note and by the end of it, it was a grin that reached his ears. Alec had always written the cutest notes, but this... this was something else. He felt better already.

The next day, Magnus was up and running again, being his usual cheery, fabulous self, even if there still was something missing. He tried to play it off, to show he was fine, but everyone knew what was missing. Alec. They all knew he wasn't okay. Catarina could tell the most. After all, she had known him the longest. The title had been passed to her the day Ragnor died.
Everyone was concerned. Magnus shut them all out. It was what he knew how to do.