.:Epilogue One:.

It's me, Magnus Bane. Yes, I've been writing in the third person about myself the entire time. Don't judge me.

I chose to write the story of my struggle down so I wouldn't forget. It's not something I want to forget.

It's been fifty years since Alexander died. The letters have all been open, all the memories gone. The silver key still hangs around my neck, along with the locket. Alec (the cat) died at the age of 14, so I've been lonely ever since.

Clary and Jace got married and had three children. The first was a red-headed girl named Charlotte, then a blonde boy named William James. The third, well, he's a miracle. Jace's recessive traits were passed to him. He has blue eyes and black hair. His name? Alexander Magnus Herondale.

Izzy and Simon got married too, and had two boys, Rafael and Max. They're definitely named I would have called my kids, if I had any.

All the Shadowhunters are growing old now, in their 70s, so they've passed on all they knew. They come to me for lessons on the Downworld. It's sweet.

I haven't found new love and I'm not planning to. I'm happy how I am, single, but surrounded by those who love me.

That's the end of my story - for now, at least.
              - Magnus.