.:Chapter Fifteen:.

Magnus was sitting on the couch, a cocktail in one hand and a book in the other. He was reading Pride and Prejudice, something Alec had wanted to read. He couldn't see why though. It was boring. Maybe it was because he missed Alec... yes, that was it. He missed his blue-eyed, raven-haired love. He missed the way he would make coffee every morning, missed the way he would kiss him softly and carefully, even missed the way he would tease the warlock about the littlest of things. He missed ALEC, in all the ways he was Alec. He put the book down and sighed. He thought that maybe there was a letter in the box, so he went into the bedroom. He took a seat in the desk chair and took the key off the chain that hung around his neck. The warlock unlocked the box with a click and strung the key around his neck once more. He carefully opened the lid and looked through the letters, trying to find one that reflected his situation. One caught his eye and he pulled it out.

Open When... you miss me.

The letter was enclosed in a pristine white envelope and when he opened it, the paper was the same pure colour. He unfolded the paper and let his eyes traverse the page.

Dear Magnus,
I miss you too. Wherever you are, wherever I am, I miss you xxx.

But Mags, remember, I was buried for a reason. Come and see me, come talk to me. I'll always be there for you.

Aku Cinta Kamu, always And forever.

Your Alexander
Xxx

Magnus smoked and left the loft (after putting the letter away, of course).

30 minutes later, Magnus was standing in front of his gravestone. It was made of white marble and simple, although Magnus had insisted they give it a pair of Angel's wings. He was Nephilim after all. The warlock place a bouquet of blue and black roses, to match his hair and eyes, on the grave and stepped back. He stood there for a minute, silently reading the headstone.

R.I.P
Alexander Gideon Lightwood
Beloved son, brother & husband
'Fight for who you are'

Magnus smiled. He was never Alec's husband, but they might as well have been married, so Maryse and Robert approved it to be written on the headstone. He stayed for a few more minutes in silence, his head bowed, before leaving. On his way out, he saw a group of children putting flowers on graves without them. He smiled at the small act of kindness and went out of the gate.