chapter 14

Chapter 14

-Lunar

            The sun was burning my eye lids. I sat up and stretched. Looking around the room I noticed that I’m not in Michelle’s bedroom. My stomach growled. I should go brush my teeth. Getting out of bed I stepped on something. “AHH, watch where you’re going will you,” Michael said as I stumbled backwards. “Why were you sleeping on the floor,” I asked him sitting back on the bed. He got up and stretched. “Why you ask, you stole my bed,” he said scratching his head. He looked at my face and saw the confusion. “You fell asleep on my bed so I had no other choice, but to sleep on the floor,” he told me. I couldn’t help, but laugh. He walked towards me. “Hey, it’s not funny! Either way, you have to pay up,” he said sitting down beside me. “As if,” I said hitting his arm. Michael put his hand on my face and laid his lips upon mine. What? Automatically, I pushed Michael back. “Ha, you should see your face right now,” he laughed. There was no need, since I could feel how hot my cheeks were. “You idiot,” I yelled. “Hey, it’s your entire fault for taking my bed,” Michael said shrugging. This guy! “Well, you left a horrible taste in my mouth. How about using some mouth wash,” I said to him while I walked towards the door making sure I don’t lose his gaze. “Why you…” Michael snarled, but he couldn’t finish because I already left.     

            My back was still against the door and I took a deep breath. “Ha,” I laughed to myself with my face still bright red. Even though I’m really happy right now, I need to think things through. The thought of Mr. Young came across my mind. He’s worried about Michael, but Michael wouldn’t want me to tell him. I started to walk done the hall. Dante was standing there with his arms crossed. “Oh, good morning Dante,” I said. “Good morning, may I ask where you are coming from,” he said. Busted! “Well you see, I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to aimlessly wonder around the house, but I found Michael in the kitchen,” I rambled on. “I ended up sleeping in his bed, but nothing happened,” I said saying the last part quietly. Dante’s face grew red and he puckered his lips. “Lunar,” Dante said raising his voice. Oh no he’s mad. Even though I’m not on bored with this, I have no other choice. Let’s test out what I learned from Michelle. I grabbed Dante’s arm and wrapped my arms around it. “I’m really sorry and I’ll never do it again,” I said in a squeaky voice. “Seriously, you’re following in Michelle’s footsteps,” Dante said. He pulled his arm away. “I’m really sorry, but don’t blame Michael; he had to sleep on the floor because of me and I even stepped on him when I got out of bed,” I said. Dante laughed, “I wish I could have been there.” Oh good he’s not mad anymore. I made a huge and deep sigh of relief. “Hey, I’m not done with you yet,” he said. I couldn’t do anything else, so I ran. “Wait,” Dante yelled running after me. After Dante told me his feelings he seems to be more protective.

***************

            Breakfast is over and the kids are doing their homework. I myself, have absolutely nothing to do. “Why are you making such a gloomy sigh,” Michael asked placing his hand on my head. “I’m so bored,” I complained. A smile came across Michael’s face. “Well then, how about you walk with me to work,” Michael offered. It would be nice to see where Michael works and to make sure there are no girls surrounding him. “Sure,” I told him.

-Michael

            Lunar and I are walking to my job and she seems to be extremely happy to just walk with me to work. I looked at Lunar and notice that she isn’t wearing the necklace I bought her. Now that I think about it, she hadn’t worn it once. “Hey, where’s the necklace I gave you,” I asked her. She looked a bit surprised at the question. “It’s at home in its box,” she told me. “How come you don’t wear it,” I asked getting a little bit angry. “Ah, don’t worry. The reason why I don’t wear it is because it seems too precious. I mean what if it gets lost or broken,” Lunar explained. With a response like that I couldn’t be angry anymore. “Well, just start wearing it,” I told her. She laughed as if I said something funny. “Okay.”

-Lunar

            We reached Michael’s job and he gave me a kiss goodbye. I wonder when he’s going to come home. I started to walk back home, but then I saw a cake shop. It read “Brand new opening. First 10 customers can get as much cake as possible for the price of one.” The shop was about to open in two minutes and there wasn’t even a line. I really wanted to go in, but I left my wallet in my bag. The cake at the window looked so good. “Oh, looks like we meet again,” Mr. Young said to me as I noticed his reflection in the window. I turned around and looked at him. He was wearing a suit, but I didn’t see the car I saw before. “We got to stop meeting up like this,” he laughed. “Would you like some cake?” I really didn’t want to be with Mr. Young because then he would ask about Michael. I tried to refuse, but then my stomach growled out loud and he insisted. I just ate breakfast and now I’m going to eat cake; why must all good things come with a sacrifice.

            After we settled down and had at least one slice of cake the shop started to get crowded. Luckily for me, I was the tenth customer. My cake was double chocolate with fudge and my mouth exploded when I took a bite. The kid in me took over and I started to order all types of cake. I even almost forgot that Mr. Young was there, but remember I said I almost. As I would go up to the counter and asked for cake, I would feel as if someone was watching me. When I was finally done I sat down and drank some water. “I never seen someone eat so much cake,” Mr. Young laughed. “Well, it brings out the kid in me, so it’s hard to refuse it,” I told him. Mr. Young took a sip of his coffee, his expression grew more serious. “So, how is Michael,” he asked. “He’s doing fine,” I said to him. Mr. Young wouldn’t avert his eyes and look somewhere else. He kept his gaze looking me straight in the eyes. “Did you found out why Michael is coming home late,” he asked me. This is what I’ve been anticipating I can take it. “Yes I do, but you don’t need to worry,” I told him. There was no need for me to lie. “Can you tell me what exactly he is doing,” Mr. Young asked. I squeezed my hands into a fist under the table. Averting my eyes I shook my head. “Please! I’m worried sick about him, I lost one too many people in my time and I’m not willing to lose him,” Mr. Young pleaded. I looked him in the eyes and I saw a dad that has few bags under his eyes, a couple of wrinkles, and a pinch of grey streaks in his hair. He really is worried about Michael. “He’s just working at a job,” I said in a low voice, but loud enough for him to hear. Mr. Young slid back in his chair and sighed. “Is that all,” he said to himself. Mr. Young sat up and looks me in the eyes. “Thank you Lunar. Now with an ease mind I can do some work properly,” he said and left. So Michael was on his mind so much that he couldn’t even work. Michael really is loved, but too blind to see it. Oh well, more cake for me!