chapter 16

Chapter 16

-Lunar

            The clouds moved slowly in the sky. I rested my head on my desk while I listened to Mr. Johnson talk. It was almost lunch, just five more minutes. At times like these I wish I could be with Sun, but that can never happen. “Lunar please pick your head up,” Mr. Johnson said to me. I picked up my head just to see some people glaring at me. There were whispers. This is just like the beginning of high school, but I don’t care twice as much. I’m just waiting for time to go by until it’s all over. “Mr. Johnson can I get some help with these boxes down stairs,” an old staff lady who usually works in the office asked. Mr. Johnson agreed and brought Dante with him.

            I started to pack away my books, but then a shadow was casted over me. I ignored it and took out a book. I didn’t have any lunch because I refuse to go back into that house. Dillon pulled up a chair beside me. “So, Michael wants nothing to do with you,” she said. I flipped a page. “It must really hurt to sit right next to him too,” she continued. I got up, so I can leave, but Dillon pulled me back down. “I’m not done with you yet,” she said in a cold voice. I saw Dillon’s little posy form behind her. “You know I really don’t like you and now that Michael is out of the way, you’re all alone,” she said. Dillon took a bowl of salad from some girl and she poured it on my head. I didn’t move at all, I just rested my head on the desk and closed my eyes. Dillon yanked my hair making me fall to the ground. She placed her hand on my face and dug her nails into my skin. I could feel blood drip down my cheek. Now really isn’t the time for a petty fight like this. I hold Dillon’s wrist and squeezed it making her let go. I got up and brushed off my clothes.

            “I’m not done with you,” Dillon yelled. I turned around and looked her in the eyes. “Can this take place another time,” I asked her in a low voice. I’m really not in the mood. This is just reminding me of the past and after I’d gotten beaten up back then Michael was there to aid me, but that was the past. I feel my heart tightened and the emptiness grow. What am I saying? This isn’t like me. “What did you say, I didn’t hear you. Speak up,” Dillon demanded. I stood silent. You could see the anger in Dillon’s face and she snapped.

            Dillon ordered her girl army to attack. I ended up on the ground immediately. They repeatedly kicked me all over. I wasn’t sure if I should fight back because I feel so empty, but this pain proves that I’m alive. It makes me realize that this is my reality. A reality… that isn’t worth fighting for. Snip! Dillon had a pair of big red scissors. I picked up my hair that was on the floor. More started to fall on the ground. I almost didn’t notice that the pain stopped. I saw Dillon’s mouth move, but I couldn’t hear a word she said. Someone took my arm and stretched it out, but I was still too busy staring at my fallen hair. My eyes opened wide in pain. “Ah,” I screamed to the top of my lungs. Dillon took her foot off my arm and she looked scared. I turned in her direction and saw Dante. He was furious.

            Dante walked towards Dillon as if he was going to hit her. “Hey before you hurt Dillon, how about you take care of Lunar,” Kaitlin said saving Dillon’s butt. Dante helped me stand up and Rose took my other side. I was limping as I walked. At the door I stopped and wondered what Michael was doing while this happened. I looked at him and he was talking to some friends. He caught my gaze and turned the other way. “Come on,” Dante said gently pulling me out the door.