chapter 15

Chapter 15

-Michael

It’s been a week since Lunar slept over and she wears the necklace I got her every day. I should be happy about this, but I’m mad. The day Lunar went back home I went to work and for no reason at all my boss fired me. I didn't even work for a good hour. When I went to my other job to do a night shift, the boss over there fired me to. The following Monday after school I went to look for a job, but once they heard my name they refused to hire me. No one will hire me and there’s only one explanation for that. Noah. He does have the power and influence to prevent me from getting a job.

I looked around the classroom and Mr. J was talking about something. The phone rang and he answered it. “Okay class, I have to get some supplies from storage so complete pages 234 to 236. Dante I might need your help,” Mr. J said hanging up the phone. Dante got up and followed him out the room. Once Mr. J left Kaitlin got up and walked towards me. “How’s it going,” she said. I didn’t respond. “Hey, have you been behaving at your job lately,” Kaitlin said. The word job caught my attention. “Well, I guess not since you got fired and no one else will hire you,” she finished looking at her nails. I got up and hold her by the collar. “How did you know,” I asked. “Well, of course uncle told me,” she smirked. So it was him. “How did he know,” I asked her. “I don’t know guess,” she teased. I lifted her off the ground. “Tell me,” I said. She started to laugh. “Oh Michael, you really are an idiot. Think really hard, who was the only person you told about your little act of rebellion,” she laughed. I released her and she brushed off her clothes. Lunar, a faint voice said in the back of my head. I peered at her and she was focused on doing her work, not even noticing the scene I just caused.

-Lunar

The class had seemed to have gotten really rowdy. I looked at Michael and he was standing up with Kaitlin in front of him. Did something just happen? Michael walked towards me. “Lunar, you didn’t tell Noah about my jobs, did you,” Michael asked as if what he was saying was something that he could take back. I froze at the question. Is he mad? Well, even if I wanted to lie it would have been too late. I would have missed my chance because I’ve been quiet for a while and I bet the answer is on my face. I looked Michael in the eyes. He was really angry. “Did you know that because of your loose tongue Noah made me get fired and he’s preventing all the jobs a person can get their hands on from hiring me,” Michael yelled. I got up and hold him by his arm. “Michael I didn’t know. You see, he was so worried and…,” I tried to say, but he wouldn’t let me. “I don’t want to hear your excuse!” I became anxious and started to hold onto him tighter. “Let go of me,” Michael said. His eyes were so cold. They looked the same way they did when he saw Noah. “But…” Michael wouldn’t let me finish and he fling the arm I was holding on to. He put so much power and anger into that fling I ended up losing my grip and fell into the desk. “Ah,” I screamed to the top of my lungs. I tried to get up, but my body felt so heavy. Tears started to go down my eyes. “Michael,” I cried. He leaned down towards me and brushed his and against my cheek. Automatically, a smile came across my face. Michael moved his hand from my cheek and touched the necklace he gave me. “You don’t deserve to wear this necklace,” he said and in the blink of the eye he ripped it off my neck making some of the beads scatter on the ground. He got up and threw the necklace out the open window, then sat right back down. All I did was stare at him in pain.