chapter 2

Chapter 2

-Lunar

            When I came back to school it seemed as if everyone was really excited. When I went into the classroom no one even paid attention to me. I went up to Michael to ask him, “Why is everyone so happy?” He stopped reading his book and said, “It’s the last day before spring break.” “Oh,” I said not really caring at all. “Wait, you shouldn’t be here,” Michael said pulling my arm back when I was trying to leave. “Why,” I asked. “We took some exams the day you were out and you need to take them today.” So I had to spend the rest of my school day taking some exams and what was worse was that the time been extended for two hours. I was done real early and I couldn’t leave. Boy was I happy to leave this dreadful room. 

***************

When I got home I collapsed in the couch. “You must have had a wonderful day at school,” Michael said while putting his book bag down. “Oh, shut up,” I snapped. “Where’s Michelle,” I asked. “Should be in her room,” Michael said sitting beside me. Then Mike came running in the living room and Michelle was running after him. “Give me back my doll,” Michelle screamed. Michael went to chase Mike, and Mitchel came in the room to read a book. “Do this normally happen,” I asked Mitchel. He stopped reading his book, whipped his glasses and acted as if nothing happened. Rude, I thought, but it was obvious where he got it from. Soon Michael came back sitting Mike on the floor and Michelle on the couch. “Time out for both of you,” Michael told them. Michael decided to stand instead of sitting back on the couch. Then all of a sudden you see a girl jump on Michael. “Oh baby, I missed you so much,” the girl said with her arms around him. The kids got up and ran into her open arms. “Dante,” they all cheered. Dante had long brown hair, hazel eyes, and looked Spanish. She saw me and said, “You must be Lunar. Aw, you look so cute. My name is Dante and I’m Michael’s childhood friend,” she said pinching my cheeks. Then a maid came in out of breath saying “Please forgive me, Mr. Michael. I tried to hold her back, but she slipped pass me.” “It’s okay you can go now,” Michael said turning to Dante. Dante walked over to Michael and put one of her arms around his shoulder. “I have two rooms for a hotel on the beach for us to go to,” she said. The kids started to get excited, but then Dante faced me and made a smirk. “Sadly, there isn’t any room for Lunar since Mina will be going,” Dante said with a huge smile on her face. “Well, then she can take my place,” Michael said taking her hand off his shoulder. Then Dante’s face expression changed immediately. “Well, I heard that Mina was going to Paris with her friends this break,” she said desperately. “Okay, then we will all go,” Michael said. I can’t believe what just happened. She tried to cut me out of the picture. Well, I’m going to the beach too. “Wait a second; I don’t have a swim suit,” I told Dante and Michael. “Then let’s go shopping tomorrow,” Dante said excitedly. Michael left the room and Dante ran after him saying, “Wait for me.” I really think she is trying too hard.

***************

            The next day we went shopping for swim suits. “How about this Lunar,” Dante said showing me a swim suit that looks like nothing, but strands of string. My face turned extremely red and I turned around and said, “As if Dante.” “What, it looks sexy and it will show off you sex appeal even though you don’t have that much up top,” Dante said examining me with her eyes. I was so embarrassed I grabbed the nearest swim suit by me and ran to the fitting room. “I’m going to try this on,” I yelled.

-Michael

            “You scared her off,” I said to Dante. “What do you mean I was just helping her out,” Dante said in a squeaky voice. “Well, I’m going to help her with the swim suit,” Dante said walking away. I instantly ran towards her and punched Dante in the head. “Waa, Michael is so mean,” Dante complained. “You can’t help Lunar,” I told Dante with a straight face. “Okay, okay. Well, can you pick out a swim suit for me,” Dante asked with puppy eyes. I was sick of this so I went. “Okay,” I told Dante. “Ha, sucker!”

-Lunar

            I was changing in the room, but I had problems tying up the top part. “Knock, knock. It’s Dante,” Dante said. “Oh, come in.” Dante opened the door and sat down. “Do you need any help,” Dante asked me. “Yeah I can’t seem to tie the top part,” I told her. I took off my bra and put on the top part. I was waiting for a while for her to tie it, but then I noticed her face was tomato red in the mirror. I turned right around and looked her in the face. “Why is your face so red? Are you sick,” I asked her leaning closer. “It’s nothing, just stop moving closer your boobs are showing a lot,” she said looking away. “Well hurry up,” I told her while turning around. Dante got up and tied the strings for me. “Is it okay,” I asked her. “Yeah it suits you well,” Dante said. I started to take off the top part of my swim suit, but I noticed Dante’s face. “Are you sure you’re not sick,” I asked her. “Yeah, I think I am. So I’m going to take a walk,” she said while leaving. I wonder if she will be okay.

-Michael

            I saw Dante walk out of the fitting room with an extremely red face. “What happened,” I asked. Dante looked away and didn’t respond. Then Lunar came running out the fitting room. “Hey, let go of Dante. She’s not feeling well,” she said removing my hand from Dante’s shoulder. “Come on Dante,” Lunar said pulling her hand and walking ahead of me. Damn Lunar, you really don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.