chapter 8

Chapter 8

-Lunar

            It’s been two weeks since Dante told me his true feelings. Now is the second Sunday of May and I have some things to do. I picked out my best spring outfit which was a wavy peach colored dress which stopped at my knees. I combed my hair and stared at the mirror lost in thought. Then I got up to water the flower pot before I leave. I walked down stairs into the living room. Dante and Michael were watching a football game.

-Michael

            Lunar walked past us in a peach dress with a white side bag. She really looked different than usual. “Hey Lunar, where are you going,” Dante asked. She smiled and said, “Oh, just somewhere.” I couldn’t stay in the same room with her without losing face. I stood up. “Where’re you going Michael,” Dante asked. “The bathroom.” I walked down the hall and entered the bathroom. I locked the door and instantly put my hand over my mouth and the other against the wall for support. I looked into the mirror and saw myself red all over. Of course, she looked more beautiful than she ever did.

            When I got a hold of myself I left the bathroom and sat right back down on the couch. “I’ll be back soon,” Lunar said in the background. I was only able to watch a little bit of the game before I was bothered. “Hey, Lunar looked really pretty back there,” Dante said elbowing me in my side. I ignored him and watched the game. “Who knows she could be going on a date,” he continued.  Dante stood up and stretched his arms with a sigh of relief. “Well, I’m going to follow her,” Dante said starting to walk towards the door. I instantly got up and put my hand on Dante’s shoulder. “I’ll come to, but it’s just to keep you out of trouble,” I said averting my eyes. “Right,” Dante laughed.

            We easily caught up with Lunar and followed her into the flower shop. She bought black roses, a horrible select of flowers if she was planning on giving it to her date. Once Lunar left we walked past the flower shop. “Huh, what are you guys doing here?” Dante and I turned around and saw Rose. “Shush, we’re busy,” Dante said. Rose’s face contracted and you could tell she was mad. “You’re following Lunar aren’t you,” she said. Maybe she knows what Lunar is up to. “Hey, do you know where’s she’s going,” I asked. “No and even if I did I would never tell you,” Rose said. “I’m going ahead,” I told Dante. “You’re still going to follow her,” Rose said. “Dante she’s bound to tell Lunar, so can you keep her mouth shut,” I said then ran in Lunar’s direction.

      Lunar didn’t go that far, she was actually around the corner at a fruit stand. She bought a watermelon. Dante caught up bringing Rose along. “Why is she coming,” I asked. “Well we talked things over and I was able to convince her to stay quiet,” Dante said with a devious smirk. When I looked at Rose she was shaking. I wonder what Dante told her. Soon Lunar started to move again. She went into a store where the owner seems to know her very well. She came back with a container of slice watermelons. “Hey do you think it’s a picnic type of date,” Dante asked. “I doubt it,” I told him.

            The next stop was a bakery. Lunar left with a cake. “I’m really confused now. She has flowers, cake and watermelon, but she isn’t going on a picnic,” Rose said. She makes a good point. Lunar went on a bus. Luckily, she sat in the front. She got off after ten minutes and went into a convenience store. We decided to go in there too. Dante bought some gum and Rose bought a lot of drinks. “Why so much,” I asked. “Well, I figure we’re going to get caught sooner or later, so we might as well have some drinks to go with the food Lunar has,” Rose said. Lunar was talking to the clerk and she laughed. Why would she be laughing? When Lunar left she followed her to a cemetery.