Help Me

[Y/N is 14 years old and is neighbours with the DeLaGarzas. Maddie and Y/N are best friends and Y/N is generally good friends with everyone in their family because of her sweet, selfless personality.]

Y/N's POV

It was happening again.

Dad is making up some bullshit about my mum cheating on him with a so called 'slut'.

Funny, because she can barely get out of bed due to the side effects of her chemo therapy.

Also, she's not a lesbian but that's besides the point.

He is just so full of himself, it makes me want to cry and rip all of his teeth out.

He doesn't care that his wife is basically laying on her death bed because she apparently cheated so she deserves to die.

Again, she can't get out of the fucking bed.

So currently, I'm locked in my bathroom, crying and shaking, hovering my thumb over the call button.

Should I call the cops?

He won't stop screaming.

But he's my dad.

And she's my mum.

He wouldn't hurt her though, would he?

The magical thing alcohol does to people.

I give up on the idea of calling the police and try to put myself back together as best as I can.

Doubtfully, I leave my bathroom and slowly make my way over to the screaming.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you, you worthless piece of shit!" My father slurs.

Instantly, my heart drops.

I can always hear when my neighbours play their loud music, what if someone hears him screaming and calls the cops?

I mean, I was even considering it.

"Do you fucking hear me, you bitch?!" Multiple shuffles and 'bang' like sounds followed my father's voice.

Hesitantly, I open the bedroom door and scream at the sight.

"Stop! Dad leave her alone!" I jump into my fathers back as he repeatedly slams my mothers head against the wall.

"Get the fuck out you little shit." He hisses.

I look at my mother and she her scull has deformed from the impact, blood rushing down from several gushes, eyes closed, looking lifeless.

She couldn't look at him because both her eyes are swollen shut and she's not responding.

"What did you do?!" I yell in hysterics.

"I said get the fuck out!" He charges at me before throwing me out of the room and down the stairs.

I groan at the intense, pulse-like headache.

Harsh knocks on the door make my eyes flutter open.

"It's the police, open the door." I hear a manly voice instruct.

"I- I can't g-get up." I croak.

I look towards the door and see an officer look through the window, his eyes meeting mine.

"Can you open the door?" He yells so I could her.

I just shut my eyes, wishing for this to just be a nightmare.