Did you Forget?

[Y/N is 5 years old. I know it doesn't make sense because Demi's 26 and Dianna is 56 but bare with me. Thank you.😂]

Y/N's POV: (sisters)

Today I become a big girl!

I'll be turning five!

Everyone says I'll be a grandma soon but I don't think that's true, they're just being funny.

Mummy says everyone will come to my birthday party today, Dallas and Maddie got here last night.

But Demi hasn't even called to say good night.

I don't know if she was busy or just forgot but I must admit it did pain me a little.

Call me silly but the little things matter.

It's the small things that have the biggest affection.

Mummy keeps telling me that all my relatives have sent me birthday wishes with their apologies due to their unexpected absence.

It really warms my heart but also breaks it knowing one of the most important people for me has yet to even acknowledge my existence.

"C'mon baby girl, we have to go out now." Mummy cooed as Maddie and Dally both concentrated on their phones, lightly smirking.

"Mama? Will everyone be there?" I ask innocently, feeling too rude to ask if Demi herself will be there as it'd look like I didn't care about anyone else.

"Nearly everyone, you know we have a too big of a family, sweetheart." She chuckles, playing with one of my pony tails.

"Oh." I sigh, looking down at my shoes.

•••

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Y/N! Happy birthday to you!" Everyone at the restaurant sang- well, more like yelled.

The waitresses and cooks, they all clapped and smiled at me as I tried to mask the disappointment on my face.

She wasn't here.

But everyone put so much effort into today, I can't let her ruin it.

If she's gonna' be selfish then so am I.

"Make a wish!" Maddie encourages.

I wish Demi would remember me.

•••

"What's up, buttercup?" Dally lightly bashed her hip against me, making me giggle.

"The sky?" I sass, pointing to the grey, cloudy atmosphere.

"Okay smarty pants, what's going on?" She smiles lightly, picking me up.

"Does Demi love me?" I whisper, looking into her brown eyes.

"Wh- why are you even questioning that, sweetness? Of course she loves you!" Dally exclaims, creasing her brows.

"Because she forgot about me." I frown.

"What makes you think that?" She asks but her expression was unreadable.

"Everyone but her wished me a happy birthday and I don't want to sound ungrateful but it just made me upset." I whisper, playing with the ends of her hair as we finally entered our house.

"But it's just the beginning of the day, she'll come around, I promise." Dally winks, looking at something behind me.

I just snuggle into her neck, thinking of all the reasons as of why Demi didn't even call or message.