Movie Night

John POV

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I groaned, and sat up.

"Today is the day," I thought to myself.

Not only was it the first day of classes, but I also had to convince my roommate to pretend to be my boyfriend. Which, seeing as we barely knew each other, was going to be difficult.

I got out of bed, and got dressed into a green turtle neck and black jeans.

Then, I went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Seeing as it was the first day of school, and I'm gay as fuck, I made avocado toast.

Once I finished eating, I put on my black sneakers, and left.

"Your reports on sea animal anatomy will be due in one week. Class is dismissed," My biology teacher announced.

I sighed, left the classroom, and headed to lunch with my friends.

"Mon ami!" Lafayette ran up to me.

"Yeah?" I faced him, but we continued walking.

"Have you heard about what's going down in ze lunch room?"

"No?"

"Zen follow me, mon ami!" Laf grabbed my arm, and we ran to the cafeteria.

Once we arrived, I noticed a huge crowd gathered around two people.

I instantly recognized one of them as Samuel Seabury.

I didn't quite recognize the other guy, so I walked a bit closer.

"Is he in Jersey?!" The unrecognizable one remarked to a comment Samuel had made, which I hadn't been paying attention to.

After a few more roasts were thrown, one of the law teachers broke up the fight. This gave me a better look, which made me realize that the other guy had been my roommate.

"That's coincidental," I mumbled to myself.

"Jacky!" Someone suddenly ran up to me and hugged me from behind.

"Hey Eliza," I smiled lightly.

Eliza was basically like an older sister to me, even though Peggy and I were closer.

"Maybe we should go get some food at a restaurant. Y'know, because of the fight," She suggested.

"Sounds dank to me," I replied as we walked outside.

"The rest of the group told me they're already on their way there,"

"What about Laf?"

"Oh yeah! him and Herc went somewhere on their own," Eliza smirked and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Haha! They're my OTP,"

"I swear everyone wants them to be together, but they keep telling people that they're only friends,"

"It's the same thing with Jefferthot and James," I pointed out.

"True, but Laf and Herc are actually decent people,"

"Well, James is nice. I just think Jefferson is a bad influence on him,"

"Yeah," Eliza nodded.

Eliza and I continued walking along, soon finding the restaurant where we usually ate lunch, and walked inside.

"Eliza, John! Over here!" Peggy yelled, waving, and sat up higher.

"Way to avoid attention," I rolled my eyes playfully, knowing Peggy would get all defensive.