Meeting his friends

(a/n: If you didn't already know, Lafayette pronounces the "th" in words like "z". So ya)

Edit: also ik it says Alex has never eaten pizza even tho he went to a pizza place last chapter but he didn't eat anything okay ??

Alex POV

"Alex?" I heard the all too familiar voice call out, knocking on my door.

I don't know what had happened a couple of days ago.

Every time I was near John, it was like my heart was melting. The feeling was so unexplainable. I didn't think it was a crush. After all, I had only met him a couple of days ago. I don't think love works like that. Sure, I could think he was cute, but I refused to believe I had a crush on him.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah,"

John opened the door, walking up to me.

"What're you writing?" He inquired, standing behind me as I wrote at my desk.

"Just an essay," I answered.

"Just an essay about what?" He pried further.

I sighed, "What do you want?"

"Well, my friends really want to meet you, so that they can make sure I actually do have boyfriend. So..."

"When do I have to meet them?" I groaned.

"Well... today,"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Sure, this guy may be charming as hell, but that didn't mean he couldn't be annoying occasionally.

"I'm sorry, this was all super short notice for me too," John shrugged.

"When do we have to go?"

"Well, um..."

"Let, me guess. Right now?"

"Maybe..?"

"Ugh, I'll get ready,"

"Cool beans! Meet me in the living room when you're done!" John said, leaving.

I sighed, and changed my clothes.

But my thoughts went wild. We were going to act like we were actually dating in front of all his friends. Would we kiss? No, I didn't think so. It was just a simple bet, it couldn't possibly go that far, could it? I decided to think on the bright side. At least I was sort of dating him?

I suddenly realized I had been thinking about him in a way that could imply that I had a crush on him, and shook my head. I did not like John.

I walked into the living room,

"You ready?" John walked up to me.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Great!" He exclaimed, and wrapped his arm around my waist as we left.

I felt heat rush up to my face.

"So, my friends can be kind of intimidating at first, but don't worry. They'll stop screeching at you eventually," John said.

"How long did it take for them to stop screeching at you?" I asked.

"About a year, but you seem like a good person, so I don't think it'll take as long for you,"

"You're not just saying that to make me feel better, right?"

"No, don't even worry about it. They're really nice once you get over the screeching," John tried reassuring me.