THE chapter ™️

John POV

"Tonight there will be a high of 51 degrees, with storms until about two a.m.," The weatherman announced through the tv.

Damnit.

I was planning on taking Alex out on a surprise date tonight, at a rooftop picnic of all things.

Eh, I'm sure I could pull something romantic off.

Maybe a movie night?

Maybe.

What else seemed good?

Before I could think, Alex walked in.

"Hey John," Alex greeted, placing his things on the ground, then sitting next to me.

"Sup Lex,"

"I thought we had an agreement," He crossed his arms.

"Please, I would never agree to not giving you nicknames. Get used to it,"

He sighed.

"I'm bored, got any plans?" He inquired.

WELL-

"Nope, apparently it's gonna storm all night,"

"O-Oh,"

Something about his tone seemed off.

"You okay?"

"Uh, yeah,"

Yeah right.

"Well, I'll be in my room if you need me," I replied, getting up.

"Alright,"

And with that, I went off to my room.

It was obvious Alex wasn't okay, so I knew I needed to plan something to cheer him up.

I still had the food for the picnic, but most of it wasn't homemade, and that gave me an idea, but I'd have to run to the store for ingredients.

I walked out of my room once more, and left the dorm, without seeing Alex.

Once I got back, I carried in at least seven bags of groceries.

Only three of said bags were for the meal, the other four or so were just filled with snacks because I was really hungry and knew I couldn't cook that good.

When I walked into the dorm, Alex was still not in the living room, and it was already raining.

I sighed, walking into the kitchen to set the bags down.

I knew that before I should cook anything, I should know where Alex was.

And so, I knocked on his door.

Nothing.

I heard nothing.

Well fuckin shit dude.

I've only kicked down one door in my life, and I highly regretted it, thanking for scarring me mom and dad.

But I knew whatever Alex could possibly be doing, couldn't be that bad.

So down went Alexander's door, well- not actually.

It took a few tries, but I somehow managed to open his locked door.

And there he was, ASLEEP.

Damn, I did all that for nothing.

I closed his now unlocked door with disappointment, and headed down to the kitchen.