Prologue

Alex POV

"Get out! And don't ever call again!"

That was the last thing I heard before being thrown onto the hard concrete by the taxi driver I had been sitting next to about five seconds ago.

I sighed, and stood up. Maybe I had been talking too much?

I nodded, agreeing with myself, and looked up.

"At least I got dropped off at the right place," I mumbled to myself, noticing that my new college stood right in front of me.

I had gotten a fully paid scholarship for King's College in New York City. That meant I could leave my half forgotten island in the Caribbean.

So there I was, walking through those big double doors, smiling ear to ear.

"My name is Alexander Hamilton," I introduced myself to the brown haired receptionist.

"We've been awaiting your arrival! Here's your schedule and dorm key," She exclaimed, handing me said objects.

"Thank you!" I waved.

"Anytime!"

I walked through the long, narrow halls until I found dorm 1782; my dorm.

The first thing I saw was a freckled man complaining to someone on the phone.

"Great, I already have a horrible roommate," I thought to myself.

I rolled my eyes and walked into what I assumed was my room.

The room had clean white walls, making me feel a bit calmer than before. It had a small desk in the corner, where I could do schoolwork, and a bed next to a decently sized window.

As I unpacked, the place felt a bit cozier, making me smile.

Once I finished, I plopped onto my bed and let sleep carry me away.

John POV

I watched as a caramel coffee brewed, sighing dramatically.
Working at a coffee shop isn't exactly the best way to spend your time, but I wanted a job so that I could try to support myself. Even if I had a rich dad.

"Johnny!" A familiar voice barged into the coffee shop doors.

"Huh- Oh, hey Pegs," I nodded.

"So, you got that boyfriend yet?" Peggy ginned smugly.

I was confused, until I remembered a bet I had made earlier that summer, before school had started up again. The bet was that if I didn't have a boyfriend by the time freshman year of college began, I would lose. Plus, we had to stay together until winter break began. Anyway, the loser had to pay for a vacation to Japan for the winner, and the winner could take anyone they wanted. Long story short, I still didn't have a boyfriend.

"Uh... yeah," I lied.

"Alright, I need to meet him as soon as possible,"

Was she on to me?

"Oh, w-well... I was thinking I could introduce him to the entire group,"

"But the only time we're all free is in about two weeks or so!" Pegs continued complaining.

"Too bad, now leave! I have work to do!" I pushed her away, and focused on the coffee I had been making.

It was for some girl named Maria Reynolds, someone I had never heard of.

Once I finished, I called, "Maria Reynolds!"

A girl with curly brunette hair walked up to me. She was wearing a crimson red dress, and she looked an awful lot like Peggy; my friend from earlier.

"Thank you, Sir," She smiled.

"No problem," I grinned.

Once I arrived back at my dorm, I sat down on the couch, sulking about my current lack of boyfriend.

Suddenly, my phone began to ring, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Yes? This is John Laurens," I answered.

"Sup it's ur mom," A female voice laughed sarcastically.

"What do you need, Pegs?"

"Well, I managed to do a bit of planning, and the group will be able to meet your boyfriend this weekend!"

My heart dropped.

"W-Well, what if my boyfriend is busy?"

"Well then too bad!" Peggy replied, hanging up.

I sighed, and decided to call the only person who I knew should keep my secret: Lafayette.

"Laf," I groaned.

"What ze hell is it now, mon ami?" I heard his heavy French accented voice pick up.

"So Y'know that bet I made during the summer?"

"Ze one about ze boyfriend?"

"Yeah, and Y'know how you and the others are supposed to meet him this weekend?"

"Yes,"

"Well, long story short... I don't have a boyfriend!"

"So you lied, mon ami?"

"Yeah! No shit!"

Sometimes Lafayette was the worst person to talk to.

"I don't know what to tell you, mon ami. However, I promise not to tell ze group about it,"

"Thanks, but do you know anyone who would be up for posing as my boyfriend?"

"No- Oh! I must go, Herc is calling! Bye mon ami!"

"Wait-"

Before I could finish my sentence, I heard Lafayette hang up.

I sighed, and decided I needed to make a plan.

My thoughts roamed, until I remembered what I'm guessing was my new roommate walk in while I had been complaining to Laf.

He had long brown hair that had been tied into a ponytail. His brown, tired eyes seemed to have seen millions of things, but I didn't know what any of those thing were. He was very short, pretty skinny, and pale as heck.

I shook my head, suddenly getting a genius idea.