9

tw: strong language (f*ggot)

"what the fuck do you two think you're doing?!" jesse yelled. they quickly pulled apart. lance thought of an explanation.

"h-he has something in his eye and i- i was uh.. um.. i was seeing what was in his eye.. yeah!" lance blurted out. keith nodded.

"bullshit! you two are both faggots?!" he yelled. keith was scared. this reminded him of his dad. he was scared and anxious.

"ah, um, n-no..?" lance fiddled around for an explanation. keith whispered something in lance's ear. "he's drunk, correct?" keith asked lance nodded. "and does he forget things when he's drunk?" keith questioned.

"mhm, he either forgets or blacks out." lance responded.

"what are you two whispering about?!" jesse questioned. "you're gonna both get a fucking beating." he walked towards them. keith moved out from behind lance and looked at jesse. keith froze jesse right where he was. lance's eyes widened. his mouth fell open. he whipped his head toward keith with that same expression. 'c'mon.' keith signed, grabbing lance's arm. "what are we doing?!" lance asked, scared.

'just shut up and trust me!" keith signed angrily. lance gaped at keith. he allowed the black haired boy to take his arm. the mute boy led him away from his dad. he led him upstairs and back into lance's room. he unlatched his arm from lance's. keith groaned. he held his head, he let lance's dad start moving again once they were upstairs.

keith sheepishly smiled at the tan boy in front of him. "uh keith?" lance tilted his head sideways. keith raised his eyebrows as if telling him to go on. "um.. you're nose is uh,, bleeding." lance scratched the back of his neck. he held an annoyed expression on his pale face. 'tissue.' keith signed. lance scrambled to get a tissue from the kleenex box on his dresser. he passed it to keith as the black haired boy took it from him. he put it where the bleeding occurred and held it there.

'thank you.' keith signed. lance slowly nodded. "so.. does your nose just uh, bleed when you use your powers?" lance hesitantly asked, scratching his neck. keith nodded. " hey, keith just lay on my bed so the blood doesn't rush down. it'll keep your head tilted back." lance offered. keith smiled and signed, 'thank you.' the brown haired boy nodded. keith laid his head on a pillow and stared at the glow in the dark stars on lance's ceiling. he chuckled and pointed at them. lance looked up at what keith was pointing at.

"oh um.. i had those since i was little so i just wanted to keep them up i guess." lance laughed and shrugged. keith hummed in response. they chatted for awhile until serena called them down for supper. keith's nosebleed was long gone by now.

keith got up from lance's bed and went downstairs with lance. the entire family was at the table waiting for their mother to give them plates of food. keith only recognized two things that lance's mom prepared. tacos and burritos, the rest, keith had no idea what any of it was. keith inhaled the scents that came off of the food. sweet scents, spicy, the smell of meat, every single smell was overwhelming keith's nose. at least it was a good smell. home-cooked meals.

it took keith back to times when keith's mother was happy. not depressed. just genuinely happy. his mothers laugh echoed in his brain. he cherished her laugh. he just wanted to make her happy. but apparently he can't even do that. he blamed his mothers death on himself ever since it happened. he was the reason his mother wasn't happy. his father's hurtful words seeped into his mind and infected his brain. the words hit so hard that now even keith believes his father's lies. that he was a terrible son. hell, he even choked him so bad and so many times that he's partially mute. he shook his head at the terrible thoughts.