Chapter 2: The Line between the sky (Shooting Star)

The Three young men were still in their deep thoughts while walking into the long hallway of Koenma's castle. They didn't even notice a blue haired deity waiting for them to arrive in front of an open room.

"Mou!! What takes you so long guys!!, I'm waiting you here for almost an hour." Botan greet her friends with pouting lips.

"Botan?? It's nice to see you, why are you here." Yusuke greeted his friend with a force smile.

"What kind of face it that Yusuke? We didn't even yet start but your face looks so frustrated. Cheer up!! We must find the Jewel sooner." Botan said cheerfully.

"You mean you're coming with us, Botan??" Kuwabara said.

"What could you do for help?." Hiei said coldly.

"Mou!! Shut up! Don't underestimate me. I know that you will need me for help." Botan said confidently.

"What kind of help you could do for us?" Heie said with smirk.

"I already gathered some information that could help us to locate the Jewel, and the chances of my source are 99%." Botan put her hands in her hip.

"And where did you get your 99% percent chances of exact information??" Yusuke sound doubting the blue haired girl.

"I found this book in the main library of the temple." Botan handed them a very old book covered with dust and dirt. "According to that book there was a place in Osaka where a spiritual forces are stronger that the other places, and people in there are guarding an old shrine, they believe that the shrine give them fortune and power and protect them from bad spirits and Yokai's." Botan explained to them.

"That's sounds interesting." Kuwabara put his finger under his chin.

"Then we must try to visit that place as soon as possible." Determination was now obvious in Yusuke's face.

"I told you, you will needed me, ahahaha!!. By the way, where is Kurama? I didn't see him." Botan look around to find a certain red haired man.

"He's not part of this mission, so stop looking for him." Hiei answer Botan coldly, preparing himself to leave the place.

"What a snobbish guy." Botan murmured to herself.

"Hey! Hiei, we leave tomorrow. We must gathered here, ok??." Yusuke shout to his leaving friend. Hiei sway his hand as a respond.

Yusuke tap Botan shoulder.

"We must take some rest now, we leave tomorrow Botan, thanks for the help and see you." - Yusuke

"Ja-ne Botan."- Kuwabara.

"Ah! Ok." Botan only respond.

All of them slumber in their own rest, preparing themselves for searching in tomorrow's event. Botan was in her peaceful sleep when she started to dream a nightmare.

A ugly Yokai gripping her right hand and another yokai holding her left arms, and another two yokai pulling her leegs. They are gasping for some air and mumbling words out of suffering.

"Take us back!!! Take us back!!"

"Light!! We need light!!"

"How dare to bury us here!! You will regret it!" An ugly Yokai gritted his teeth for anger.

"Help me!! Someone please help me!! Help me!!!." Botan shouted, fear run through her spine. She was so scared, she cried so loud.

"We will escape here!! And KILL YOU!!! AHAHAHA!!" A yokai from her left side bite her in shoulder makes her shout from pain.

She woke up with tears in her eyes and sweat all over her body, she look up at the clock and it almost dawn.

"What a bad dream!" Botan wipe her sweat and tears from her face, she grab a pitcher and pour water in glass, gulping down through her throat. After dreaming those bad dreams for almost a week, she seems to use of it. Inclining into the window simultaneously look up at the sky. The light of a sun was almost touching the sky and it was so beautiful. Botan look up at the sky trying to calm herself from the nightmare, and a sudden beautiful shooting star appear, at ounce after seeing the shooting star she closed her eyes and make a wish. A wish that only her heart knows, don't have an exact words to describe and explain but her heartbeat knows it.

"I will protect you forever, I'll promise." She seems surprise to heared a voice that came from no one in her room.

"Seems like the line between the sky tries to calm me, thank you little shooting star." A smile draw in her lips evidence of calmness and security.

A beautiful morning arrives and the group of three young men and a lady preparing themselves, searching for jewel. They arrive at the Osaka in the middle afternoon; a nearby town was their purpose in the first place. Talking to the local of the town was easy for them especially when Botan and Yusuke manage to have some discussion through the headmen of the town. He politely explains to them that the shrine is sacred and people are not usually allowed to visit it. But the group insisted that they must see the shrine and it was a very important matter.

"If you really wanted to see the shrine, the only chance for you to make it, is if the guardian allowed you to enter the sacred place." The Headmen explained.

"What do you mean if the guardian allowed us??" Heie said.

"Where we could find the guardian?? So we could ask permission." Kuwabara added.

"It's not easy as you think; The Guardian cannot be seen by ordinary humans, even the shrine." Headmen added.

"That's fine, where not ordinary in the first place." Yusuke respond, receive a pinch from Botan."Ouch! That's hurt Botan."

"Ahaha! He doesn't mean what he say Mr. Headmen. He try to say was we are still wanted to try." Botan answered.

"But I cannot let you!. People who try to look for the shine, end up lost and did not return anymore." The headmen lower his face.

"If we end up in that situation it's not your responsible anymore, but ours." Heie said.

"Please Mr. Headmen let us go, we really needed to find it." Botan give her best puppy look face.

"Trust us Mr. Headmen." Yusuke said confidently.

"We're counting on you Mr. Headmen." Kuwabara added.

"You guys are too young to die, but if you really needed it, I have no choice but to help you."

The Headmen rise up from his chair and proceed to a room. After a while he came back with map in his hand.

"This is the last copy of the map, I'm hoping for your safe return." The headmen bow his head.

"Thank you so much Mr. Headmen." They thank the Headmen in Unison before leaving.

TO BE CONTINUED