Chapter 18

The pain I had become a little too accustom too woke me. Dustin instantly jumped awake and helped me to the pool. I held my dress to cover myself to the water but was quick to give it to him once to the water. The timing couldn't have been better considering the sun was just rising. That was all we needed. Dustin to turn to dust, or catch fire, or whatever it was he did when the sun hit. I felt like Caroline should have done something by now with all the power she held. I couldn't figure out why life seemed sickeningly peaceful. Though I was dead to the world for two days so maybe I missed something.

Turning back I stepped out into the hot sun grabbing my dress and tossing it on. Turning I looked back out at the ocean. The sliding door flew open then and Serene popped her pretty head out.

"Hey come quick!" Her eyes were huge and panic dripped from her voice. I was quick to run in. We came to the living room. On their eighty inch flat screen was the news. No one spoke. A serious, fairly pretty, older woman in a blue fitted dress frowned at us through the TV.

"Fifty earthquakes at 8.5's and higher have just impacted our oceans. Over one hundred tsunamis are in their wake hitting every location of land across the world. We are beyond a state of emergency. God bless you all. The east coast has one hour before they hit, the west coast hour and a half, about, and gulf waters about two hours. We will not be airing anymore. Get as far inland as possible, or as high off ground as you can. Again. God bless."

The TV shut off. No one spoke.

"Shit." Hunter finally breathed pulling his hair so hard it looked like it hurt. Serene walked over to him and put an arm around his waist. He dropped his arms and held her. Guess they made up.

"We need to gather as many forces as we can." Lyla started tossing her hands up and sending off what I assumed to be fire messages.

"I'll get on the phone." Will nodded leaving. Dustin glanced at me as if to check on me, with my nod he went after his brother.

"I have to go get the pack." Hunter placed a soft kiss on Serene's head then left as well.

"I need to get my fighters. You need to get your hands on some boats. Can you do that?" She asked me.

"Yea, I'll figure it out. How many?"

"As many large ones that can handle the wake as possible."

I frowned as she grabbed her weapons and left planting a quick peck on my cheek. How the hell was I going to do that? I turned and looked out at the yacht they had. That's one. My cell rang from the kitchen then making me jump. I hadn't touched my cell since this all started, shocked it wasn't dead. I walked over to it examining an unknown number. I didn't want to answer but I did anyways.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Master Chief Petty Officer Ely Riggs. To whom and I speaking with?"

"Alayna Romanoff, sir." I responded frowning in more confusion.

"Good. I was a good friend of your mothers. I have a feeling since she hasn't some back something has happened to her, and that something has to do with the tsunamis we have headed our way."

I said nothing unsure what to say.

"Listen, your mother told me everything, and that one day something might happen like this. I am assuming you have others you are working with? Other different humans?"

I blinked back to reality.

"Yes, yes." I am getting what he meant now.

"Good, gather everyone you can and meet us at the navel facility in an hour. Better hurry, we don't have much time and I have a feeling we have an evil woman to rid the world off." He hung up abruptly and left me blinking at the phone in shock. Mom said the military knew but I never would have expected them to help us. Ever. I looked around. No one was to be found. I texted Hunter to bring everyone there, and Serene. Running upstairs I almost ran into Will.