Chapter 21

"Dustin how..." I start off then catch myself taking the ring, heart pounding loud in my ears. "Yes of course, but how?"

He stood yanking me in and kissing me.

"We do it at the court house like humans. Their laws don't apply to us but it does to me and I need us to have something connecting us. Forever." His eyes searched mine, lightened up by emotion. I touch his freshly shaven jaw and smile.

"Ok." I whisper.

The front door opens then and a chaos of noise from the living room emerges.

"You still don't need to be hitting on her." Grows Hunter.

"She likes it." Will spats back with arms crossed. Serene is grinning from ear to ear between the two of them.

"Hey!" I exclaim bounding in from the bedroom. "Cut it out." I point between the men. "You too." I snap at Serene whose grin falls away. "You're encouraging it."

"Eh." She shrugs innocently then comes over and pulls me into a death grip of a hug. "Your finally up and moving. Sorry I wasn't here when you were."

"I'll add it to your 'being a terrible friend' tab." I pull away still feeling a little salty about what had happened in her fairy town, or village, or whatever it is.

"That was all my dad, not me. I only do as I'm told."

"Not in bed though." Hunter mumbled scrounging the cabinets for food. "You guys have nothing. You suck."

"They probably haven't been needing it making a meal out of themselves." Will smirked from the couch. I glair at him, but smile holding the ring in my hand still.

"It's not official till you put it on." Dustin's cool breath on my ear sends my body into a tizzy. I shoot him daggers because he knew that he did it to me. Biting down on my lip I discreetly put it on. "You got the van we need to get us all to the beach?" Dustin asks Will as a distraction.

"Yes of course love puppy." He mumbles flicking through the TV.

"I have something to say." I announce keeping my face very serious. They all look at me. I lift my left hand and grin, "We are engaged."

"For now." Dustin adds.

Serene squeals making me jump.

"Yea, yea I know." Will waved the remote in the air like a wand. "Someone had to help him get it."

I laugh and looked back at Dustin not even thinking that this might have been planned out a little.

"I'm so glad." Serene holds my arm a little too tightly for my liking, cutting off circulation. Dustin finally pries her off of me.

"Come on lets go." Hunter waves us to the door after chugging a beer. They all leave first but Dustin grabs me pulling me back pressing his lips to mine.

"How will I get used to not having you?" He breaths against my lips. "I'm addicted. No matter how many times I kiss you, touch you, hold you, do you, it doesn't feel enough. My body needs more, my mind needs more. Is this normal?"

"You tell me lord of darkness." I smile and kiss him again, breathing him in like I'm taking a long drag. It took everything I had to pull away. I could tell I wasn't alone either. Holding my hand we walked to the elevators where the others waited awkwardly trying to bicker for a distraction, which seemed to work easily enough sending Serene grinning again. She is one sick puppy.

Once outside we hope into a work van, Will and Dustin in the back away from any sun. Hunter drives us to the court house down the road. The marriage was quick, and the exception of paper work, simple. We tried to make our kiss quick but it didn't really happen making Hunter and Will leave the room as Serene and the man that married us waited patiently for us to stop making out.