Chapter 10

"Sophia," Harry groans, plopping down on the sofa next to her.

"What, H?" she asks, looking up from the letter she's been writing and wringing out her hand.

"I have to go for a run with Louis. A run."

"Of course you do," she says. "I don't know if you noticed, but baking doesn't build a lot of muscle."

"And you need muscle to ride a dragon," Zayn chimes in. They're in Sophia's cave again, Niall and Zayn spread out on one sofa and Harry and Sophia on the other. Gemma had dragged Louis somewhere after dinner, and he'd promised to meet him in a few minutes.

Zayn's puffing on a cigarette, flipping through an art book he's taken of Sophia's shelf. He's taking a "creativity break" from his latest art project. Sophia lets Zayn and Louis smoke in here, since she's one of the only caves with a window. And, she admits, she kind of likes the smell, and her dragon is rather fond of it.

Niall nods. "Psychical training's the worst part. I was a right lard before I came here. Pretty sure I died every day the first month or so I was here."

Harry groans, plopping his head back on the back of the sofa and hands resting on his egg. "Seems unnecessary."

Sophia rolls her eyes. "You'll be fine. Are you coming drinking with us on Saturday?"

Harry nods, remembering Niall rambling on about the stuff he'd gotten from the Beor Mountains while rotating the eggs.

"Good," she says, starting to write again. "It'll be fun. Sometimes we go into the nearby towns, but we're just going by the lake this time. We have a spot that we really like."

They lounge around for a little longer, making slow conversation, before there's a knock at the door and Liam's coming in. He's got a strange, pinched look on his face.

"Is Louis ready yet?" Harry asks.

"Um, he's still caught up with Gemma. So I'm gonna take you tonight," he says, resting a hand on Harry's shoulder.

Harry frowns. He'd been looking forward to going with Louis, couldn't stop imagining how he'd look all sweaty and tired. But he shrugs, getting up and following Liam out into the Spine.

374 words