Chapter 27

They're waken up later by the sounds of music. It's jaunty and whimsical, unlike anything Harry's heard before, with lutes, a harp and a voice that sings in the Ancient Language. Louis grins at him, tapping gently on his thigh to the beat. They lay there for a bit, just listening to the magical sound, before Louis eventually says, "We should get a move on."

They get dressed in the nicest clothes they brought. A soft dark green button down for Harry, and a sky blue top for Louis. They both take two of the eggs, keeping them securely on their hips in bags. Louis untangles Harry's necklaces with a soft grin before pushing him out the door.

The main hollow is completely changed when they make it down the stairs. There's a long wooden table stretching out across it, covered in a million different types of food. The elves are all milling around now, some dancing, some joining along in singing the songs, and some eating at the table. There's a group of five elves playing instruments, two with Cherrywood harps and two with pipes, and one with her voice.

An elf swoops in front of them with two wooden goblets. "Drink up, riders," they say, before joining a group of dancers.

Louis raises an eyebrow at him and they toast. The liquid is clear, and it blazes down Harry's throat, making him gasp. It makes his toes and fingers tingle, and he gives Louis a wide-eyed look.

"It's Faelnirv," Louis says with a laugh. "Made from elderberries and spun moonbeams."

"Moonbeams?"

"Yup. Don't ask me, ask the elves." Louis shrugs.

Opheila and Garza are trotting up to them then, and Harry offers Opheila a taste of the Faelnirv. Her eyes widen happily when she tastes it, tail flicking as she spreads her wings a little. Can you get me more of that?

A few minutes later, Louis and Harry are eating the delicious food at the table with refilled goblets. The dragons have a large bowl of the drink each, and Harry laughs at Opheila's eagerness. The food was delicious: warm bread, honeycakes, all sorts of ripe, perfect berries made into different dishes, and vegetables that even Opheila sniffs at curiously.

Cara and Niall join them at some point, emerging from a tangle of dancers with sweat beading on their foreheads. "You gotta try that," Niall gasps, plopping down next to Harry. "Those elves have some moves."

"Moves?" Harry teases, taking another sip of the drink. It's making his whole body tingle, and he can feel his energy levels rising as it sinks into his blood.

Niall nods. "Gave me some flowers, too." He points to his hair, where white blossoms are tucked into his blond locks. "They'd love you."

Harry feels Louis' excitement levels spike, and he tugs at Harry's curls. "Oh my god, we're going in there as soon as you're done. You'll fit right in."

Harry giggles, pressing a kiss to his nose. Cara makes a gagging noise and takes another chug of her own drink. "You two are gross," she says.

"No worse than you and Annie," Louis shoots back.

She shrugs, a smirk on her lips. "Fair play, Lou."

True to his word, Louis tugs him into the dancing crowd by his hand the moment he finishes his plate and drink. Opheila sends him a bemused 'Good luck' as they dive in.

An elven woman grabs on to them immediately, shooting Louis a playful wink as she starts spinning him around, directing him in the movements. Louis gets swept up, too, but he seems to know the dance a little, feet more nimble than Harry's. He finds himself tripping over his own feet on multiple occasions.

The first elf passes him along to another with a smirk after a few minutes. He's got long, golden locks and he lifts a delicate flower crown to Harry's head. His fingers are nimble as he braids it into Harry's curls, and he tucks in more flowers after the crown is secured to the top of his head. He presses a kiss to his forehead before spinning him around and placing him gently in Louis' arms.