The big news

Chris POV

"Ok, um well", she starts "I uh, I'm, we're" she voice trails off she starts to cry "It's ok take your time" I tell her while she starts to pacing around the apartment. She then stops "I'm, I'm" her voice gets very quiet she has a small smile plastered across her face. She takes a deep breath "Chris, I'm pregnant". I'm shocked, no I'm happy right? I look at her with no expression trying to take in what she just told me. I can see her smile start to fade as she looks at me and she starts to walk away. I sit there staring at her, I get this huge smile across my face realizing that I made a baby with my true love. Wait. I think why would she think I would leave her, I'm happy this is great news. As I'm thinking about my future life I realize that Melissa still thinks that I'm going to leave her. I stand up "Mel!" I say, she starts to turn around, I'm not sure if she can see the smile on my face. I forget about all my worries, all my problems and I run towards her. I can tell she's not expecting this at all. As I get to her I wrap my arms around her and I start to rub her back. She hugs he back and we are stuck together. We both start to cry of happiness. We are just standing there hugging I feel so happy, the happiest I've felt in my whole life. God I get to start a family with the love of my life, the most beautiful person I've ever met. We stop hugging, she looks at me "you're not mad?" She asks with relief in her voice "Why would I be mad, I'm so happy" I say. Her face lights up like she was a child about to open her presents on Christmas. Her smile lights up the room as I stare into her comet eyes. She is smile, I'm smiling and all I can do is is kiss her. We start to kiss the world stops, time freezes it's just me and her. We stand there kissing passionately, eventually we separated we put our heads together and stare into each others eyes. It felt like an hour later went by then we finally pull apart. "I love you and you" I tell her as I bend down to kiss her stomach. "Chris I can't believe it. I have everything I ever wanted. I have you, Farley, Drift, my family and most important I have this baby. I can't wait to be a mom." I'm staring at her she looks so beautiful, then she takes a huge yawn. "Hey Mel I think we should get going to bed, you look exhausted." I tell her, her smile starts to fade and she starts to pout. "But, but what about date night I want to talk with you. I miss you." She tells me. "I know Mel, we can always reschedule it for another day. Plus there is another one who needs some sleep too." I kiss her on the cheek and then on the lips. "Ok." She whisper. I go into our room and clean up all the spilt food on the floor. Mel walks in with a cup of tea and places it on the bed side table. Then we start to get ready for bed, as I walk into the washroom she is getting dressed I look down at her stomach and I can see the smallest baby bump. Oh my god I'm going to be a father. We are just about to get into bed when she pushes me out of the way. I quickly follow her to the bathroom, she runs to the toilet and pukes. I crouch down beside her and pull her hair back into a ponytail. I walk to the kitchen and grab a towel and a glass of water. When she feels better we finally get to bed, I pull her close and place my hand over her stomach. Protecting my unborn child that she is carrying. "I love you Mel, sleep tight my love" Then we fall asleep.