4

I walk out of my room the next morning. I come down in my pyjamas. "Shut up, I'm coming" I exclaim at Jake calling me. I'm in a pair of sweatpants and a sports bra. "Logan is here to take you to the beach" Jake says. I look at the door from the kitchen. All the boys and Logan are there. "Did you not get my texts?" Logan exclaims. "No, it's to early for this" I say. "And I left my phone at your place" I say yawning. "Good morning" Daniel says hugging me. We decided to skype last night, we're like best friends now. "Morning" I say hugging him. "Why do you get up so early?" I ask, it's seven thirty. "Your surf board is in the car" Jack says. "It's pointy" Zach says. "Cool" I say another yawn escapes my lips. "Give me ten minutes" I say and slowly walk up the stairs. "Make that thirty" Logan says. "Shut up" I say, I hear laughter. I get in my second bikini I bought.

i chuck a pair of black shorts and a singlet over it

i chuck a pair of black shorts and a singlet over it. I don't bother with shoes. "You owe me ten bucks" Jack says. Zach gives him a bill. "Nine minutes and forty eight seconds" Jack says putting the money in his pockets. "Shoes?" Logan asks. I shrug. "It's to early for this" I mumble walking to the car. I climb in the back seat, Danny follows. I rest my head against a pillow. I close my eyes. Logan bursts music out of the speakers. I grab the pillow and whack it over his head. "Geez, remind me never to wake you up early" Logan says. Everyone laughs. I curl up and sleep. It's an hours drive.

We arrive at the beach at eight thirty. I climb out and stretch. The beach is almost empty. I look at the waves. They're looking pretty good. I grab my surf board and follow Logan to a spot. We put all our stuff down. I take off the shorts and shirt. "Race?" I ask Jonah. "Your on" he says. "Three...two...one..Go!" I yell. I bolt to the water. Jonah runs ahead, I almost go him. Until I feel the freezing water rush over my feet. "I win" he says. "Holy crap It's freezing" he exclaims. I laugh and swim out deeper. "Your insane" I hear Corbyn yell from the shore. "All the best people are" I yell back and dive under. We swim around for a bit, splashing each other having fun. "I'm gonna see if I can still surf" I say and run into shore.

I paddle out, the water getting rougher. I line myself up to catch a wave. I stand up balancing. I surf for about three seconds then fall. I continue trying, falling multiple times. I eventually keep my balance and surf like a normal person. I come in. "It so cold" I squeal wrapping a towel around me. It's now windy. Jonah comes back. The others still in the water. "Damn it got cold quick" He exclaims. "Yeah I'm frozen" I say grabbing a towel for him. He puts his arm around me as I move closer. We sit like that, keeping each other warm. "So when did you learn to surf?" Jonah asks. "I was actually born in Hawaii, so my it was just something everyone new, there were also a lot of beaches" I say. "I like Hawaii" Jonah says. "My Aunty still lives there, that's where I finished high school, now I'm here with Logan and Jake" I say. "Why are you so warm?" I ask still freezing. "Because I have you warming me up" he replies looking at me. I look up at him. "Uncle Kade is here!" I hear Kade yell. I look up and see Jake, Erika, Kade, Sunny, Chad and Anthony. "Oh god" I mumble. "Hey guys" I say getting up. "Out of every beach around you chose this one" I say. "Have you been surfing?" Jake asks. "Yep" I say. "Well I'm going in" Jake says grabbing Erika and running in. Everyone sets up and lays down. I sit beside Jonah. "I was cold without you" he says. I laugh a little. He smiles.

"Your coming with me!" Jake says pulling me over to his van. "Bye guys" I say waving. "Bye" They call. I carry my surf board and tie it to the top of the van. I look behind me and see all the boys watching me. Well Jack and Corbyn are being weirdos. Logan is vlogging with me behind him. I wave goodbye and climb in the van. We drive to the team ten house. "So Jonah" Jake says. "So Erika" I reply. "You need to ask her" I say. "I know" he replies with a sigh. We walk inside, I see Apollo. He jumps onto me as I fall to the ground. I laugh patting him. He wags his tail and licks my face. "Good boy" I say, he lets me up and goes and plays with something else. "I got your re fill" Jake tells me handing me a container of tablets. "Thanks" I say. I walk into the kitchen and take two. I read the label. 'Minor depression and anxiety pills'. I walk up to my room and Skype Daniel.

"Hey Mills" He says as the picture loads. "Hey Danny" I say. "So, any bruises from landing on those rocks?" He asks. I was surfing and then fell onto flat rocks. "I have three on my ribs and one on my hip" I say. "Did you get the re fill?" He asks. "Yeah" I told Danny when we were Skyping the other day. "Daniel, you playing?" I hear a voice ask. "One sec" Danny says. Zach walks in. "Hey Millie" he says. "Hey Zach" I say. "I'm gonna go back down before somebody breaks something" Daniel says. "Ok, Bye danny" I say. "Bye" he says ending the call.