Chapter 3

I run as fast as I can to the Hancock building and make my way up the stairs to where he should be. Christina doesn't seem to be here probably because she lost him.

When I get to the top,he stands on the edge swaying in the wind. He may be afraid of heights but he really isn't showing it now.

"Tris,'' he begins to say ''If you're here I want you to know that I love you and forever will." he pauses to take something out of his pocket that I recognize immediately as my watch. "I can't stand to live without you. Everything that I am is because of you. You taught me so much while you....you were alive like how to love again. In my life,Love,was being whipped every day by my father and waiting for my lieing mother to come back. I don't want to live in a world where you aren't in it. You already know what I'm about to do but what I am about to do is because I love you."

He backs up away from the edge to give him a head start and I hear him whisper " I love you,Tris."

He starts running toward the edge and I panic. All I think about is him not living his life no matter how much it will hurt me. I don't care if I have to die every day waiting for him. I love him too much to let this happen to him. I run at him just before he takes his last step and push him out of the way. I lay flat on the ground my eyes closed. I can't feel a thing because I didn't want him dead.

"What the-" I hear Tobias say. I quickly open my eyes and notice Tobias trying to get up next to me. I sigh because he doesn't know what hit him.....literally. He jerks back when he sees me. HE SEES ME?!?!

"Christina? What the heck are you doing?" he says with anger in his voice.

"Huh?" I say confused.

"Why did you push me out of the way!?!?"

I look down and notice that I am wearing black Dauntless clothing instead of white.

"Uhhhh" I say. I can't just blurt out and say 'Hey Tobias. Its me,Tris. You know,your girlfriend who died saving her brother from death and hauted you for 2 and a half years.' thats just plain stupid.

"You know what?Nevermind. I have already heard it enough times." Tobias gets up and walks away like he wasn't just about to throw himself over the edge of the FRICKIN HANCOCK BUILDING!!!

"To-Four!Wait!" I shout. I feel my cheeks heat up at the sound of saying his old name again. It has been so long that I've forgotten how it sounded coming through my mouth.

"No,Christina. Just leave me alone."

I stand there as he clicks the main floor button on the elevator and disappears with an angry look on his face.

"Alright,Tobias." I say quietly to myself before doing what I haven't done as a human in years.....running. I run as fast as my long legs can go down the stairs until I reach the bottom. Before I reach the bottom,I listen as Tobias exits the Hancock Building with the door slamming behind him once again.

I just stand there looking through one of the glass windows watching him as he makes his way down the streets of Chicago back to his apartment. I turn away and lean up against the side of the wall and slide to the floor. I hug my knees and just stare at the floor thinking.

It has been 2 and a half years since my death and now I am free. Tobias doesn't know I am alive and I am now stuck in a body that is not my own. I feel happy but empty. Whatever happened,I hope it was for the best otherwise.....I am a dead man walking.