Chapter 11

When we walk into the training room,we each grab a small,hand gun,and face our targets. Tobias gives me a small smile as I watch him shoot his first target,and I analyze everything about him. The way he furrows his eyebrows when he tries to concentrate on the target with that small smile still on his face. The stance he has as the bullet darts out of the gun,and plants itself in the direct center of the target. He seems relaxed,and,like he has been lately,happy.

I smirk as I turn away from him to face my own target,and focus on it. I take a deep breath as I stare at the center of the target,but my eyes keep drifting down to the dangerous weapon in my hands. i begin to remember my death i remember the stinging feeling in the pit of my stomach as the bullet plunged into me. The numbers 080712 still seem to haunt me. Those numbers were used to unleash the memory serum at HQ just seconds before my death.

"Christina? Are you ok?" I hear someone say "Christina?" I hear it louder this time.

"Huh?" I say dropping the weapon,startled,and jerking around at Tobia who stands next to me with a worried look on his face.

"Are you ok?" he asks.

No I'm not,Tobias. I'm lying to you,and it's eating me alive,i want ot say to him but i know i can't.

"Yeah,its just I...." i say forgetting the words that I want to say.....if I have any.

"Here watch me." he says walking over to his target.

"Breath in,aim," he says doing so,"breath out,fire." The bullet once again hits the center of the target,and once again i am standing there stunned.

"Now you try it." he says nodding towards my target.

I pick up the gun,and keep it aiming at the ground. Tobias' words echo in my mind,and seem to replace all that I was scared of. That is something that has never happened before. All I see is the target and the sound of my slow,steady breathing,along with the small beating of my heart.

"Breath in" I say to myself while doing the commands that I order myself to do. "Aim" I raise my gun to where it is aligned to the center of the target "Breath out" I close my eyes "Fire" my eyes shoot open as I watch the bullet land in the center of the target. I look over at Tobias for approval,and he nods with a small smile.

We both face our targets,and begin shooting them together,but I don't even get close to the center of the target again. I keep on trying,but the bullets either land along the edge or miss the target entirelly.

"Must be beginners luck." I hear Tobias say as he walks over to me.

"Must be." I say still staring at the target,not wanting to give up.

"Remember to keep tention here." he says placing his hand on my stomach. I look back at him in shock,and remember when I was an initiate,and he did that to me. That was before we were together. As I look into his deep,blue eyes i notice how he's looking at me. He has a surprised,questioning look on his face. He seems shocked,and I look away,and nod.

I feel his hand slowly slide off my body as I begin to have that same urge again. That urge to turn around and kiss him. I force the gun up,and quickly shoot the target so I don't think about how his lips would feel against mine. The bullet hits directly in the center of the target,and I swiftly look down at my watch that reads 7:00 p.m.

"I should go." I say quickly walking past him trying to avoid his face. I put up my gun and turn around and leave the room. Before I fully leave,I take one last glance at Tobias who just stands right where he was before and is looking at the ground. I want to walk up to him,and ask him what's wrong,but I turn and walk away.

I run down the hallways towards my apartment,and quickly open the door and slam it shut.

"Stupid,stupid,STUPID." I say to myself as I sit down on the edge of my bed. I put my head in my hands as I listen to my fast breathing and my pounding heart

"Please,Tobias,please don't know." I say.

I sit there for about an hour before I decide its time to lay down and gets some sleep. I quickly change into some pajamas and crawl into bed. I lay on top of the quilt because the air feels like it's on fire,yet the temperature is supposedly cold. I lay there for awhile with my eyes open thinking of the things that may come tomarrow,but I know for a fact that what I think will happen might not happen. For all I know,he might of just thought about the memory of the two of us together. When we truly were together,and not out fighting some war.

When I finally close my eyes,I focus on Tobias and only him. I forget everything that can happen or will happen,and just focus on his face,but,most specifically,his eyes. It doesn't take me long to finally go to sleep,but when I do I still have him on my mind.