01

I close my eyes, took a deep breath, and stomped down the stairs into the kitchen. Today I'm going to try my hardest to avoid a fight with my dad.

He is sitting at the circular kitchen table, newspaper folded just perfectly to reading the article is was on, and coffee his is free hand. As usual he is already in his black suit ready to head out the door for work.

I exaggerated my foot steps more as I make it into the kitchen, my ankle boots making a louder noise than I anticipated.

"Anastasia," my father sternly says not taking his eyes off his newspaper.

"Dad," I mockingly reply. He glances up at me with an 'are you fucking serious look', well there's go me avoiding a fight.

"Will you actually be home early tonight?" I raise an eyebrow as he lays down his paper on the table, turning his attention to me.

"We are not staring this again," he calmly says standing up. "Now if you excuse me my town car is waiting downstairs, as for you go do whatever you normally do that I pay for." Ouch, instead of coming up with an insult I decided to push that one off and let him leave out our expensive pent house door.

I waited about ten minutes before leaving this hell hole, so I don't run into my dad. I grabbed my black trench coat and purse from the hall closet, not bothering to shut the door.

I slammed the door behind me, cautiously I peek my head to the left and the right of me hoping none of the neighbors heard my action. Even thought my father and I didn't have any relations with our neighbors, we don't want to cause any tension between us, however if we did I wouldn't care.

I made it to the corner of fifth avenue, debating where to start spending my father's money since that's what he thinks I'm only capable of doing with my life. As I expect it's 9:25 in the morning and the streets of NYC are flooded with people in their couture.

After a couple of hours of endless shopping, I'm freezing my butt off in the December air, and I'm starving since I didn't eat breakfast. Hauling my bags I decided on panera.

I literally ran five blocks to get into the warm heat and delicious smell of panera. I ordered a salad, macaroni, and coffee. I sat in a booth is the way back corner of the restaurant and placed my bags down. As I wait for the buzzer to go off my coffee dries my mouth up a bit, so I cautiously ran to get water, leaving my bags unattended.

I grab a plastic water cup, my eyes wander back and forth from the water lever and the fruit punch. I bit my lips, pushing in the fruit punch nervously; even though it's not a crime I feel a little bad not paying for it.

I heard a cough next to me and jumped, startled by the person who was suddenly next to me. I awkwardly glance to my side, to find a by around my ages taking a sip of his coffee.

He has his blonde hair styled in a quiff, but in a very messy way. His eyes are this very shiny light blue color. And not to mention he's tall, it's like standing in front of the Empire State Building. I never seen this boy before, but of course living in Manhattan you don't always see the same person twice.

"That's a water cup," he states.

"yeah, you're point being?" I raise an eyebrow taking a sip.

"It's meant for water not fruit punch," I laugh, like who does this kid think he is.

"Way to state the obvious, Nirvana." Since I don't know his name, I just went off what was written on his shirt. "I'm rebellious," then I take another sip.

"Well Rebellious, I personally don't care what cup you drink from I was just giving you a hard time." He smirks. "I'm Luke by the way not Nirvana," he adds.

"I'm Anastasia by the way not Rebellious," I mock, holding out my hand for him to shake, which he does.

__

I know it was a bit short, but the chapters will grow longer! I hope you like this so far!