04

Even though everything has happened so fast and unexpected, I'm surprisingly calm. How can I be so calm when I'm minutes away from meeting my daughter for the first time. I must be dreaming it doesn't even feel like it's about to happen.

I think I was destined to meet Luke. I mean, what are the odds that out of everyone in New York City the first person that I talked to in two years is my ex's friend.

I spent the whole day debating on what to wear, since I want to make this moment memorable, but I doubt a two year old will care about what I am wearing. So, I decided on black skinny jeans and a green day shirt.

I marched down stairs where I see my dad watching the football game, I didn't expect him to be home. I need to think of an excuse of why I'm going to be out late, since it has been years since I hung out with anyone.

"Dad," I say softly, taking a seat next to him on the white leather coach.

"Hm," he hummed not taking his eyes off the television.

I'm just going to come right out and say it. "I met a boy..." He jolted a bit and looked at me in shock, well that clearly got that attention.

"A boy?" he questioned in complete shock.

"Yeah, I met him a few days ago, his name is Luke," I smiled, but he just glared but I kept my wide smile.

He slaps his hands on his knees. "That explains how you were zoning out last night at dinner," and I shrug.

"I'm going to hang out with him for a few, I'll be back later," I stand up hoping he won't stop me.

"Have fun, Anastasia" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Do you mean that?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah, I do. Maybe this or Luke will get your mind off of them," I roll my eyes and walk out the door, I knew it was too good to be true for him to actually care for once.

It didn't take me long to find address, I'm surprised how close it is to my house. If I would of had the courage to look on the envelopes every month, I would be sneaking out like I am know to see them; well her as of now.

I'm now standing on the cement steps staring blankly at the brown wooden door frame a crescent shape glass window at the top of it. My stomach is tossing and turning, I feel like I'm going to throw up. I can't do this, I'm about to burst out in tears any second.

My lips start to shiver, maybe its because of the cold, no its because of my nerves. I'm now standing in front of the door, that's some progress. I take my hand out of my pocket and try to press the doorbell. Come on, Anastasia, I encourage myself, and I do. I instantly regret it.

Luke opens the door in a matter of seconds. "I was staring to worry," he jokingly said, letting me in the doorway.

"S-sorry it took me so long," I'm so nervous words aren't even coming out of my mouth correctly.

"Lukey who's at the door," a hear a little voice coming from up the staircase, and I can feel my eyes begin to water.

"She's a little shy," Luke informed me, I nod. "Tummy, my friend Rebel I told you about don't be shy come down," Rebel? He introduced me as Rebel? I guess that's good so Ashton doesn't know and Autumn as well.

I keep my eyes on the staircase, fiddling with my fingers, a nervous habit that I have. Then I see her, curly caramel hair, big hazel eyes, and with her thumb in her mouth; I use to do that when I was little. She resembles me and Ashton is so many ways.

She stops in her tracks when shes me. Does she know who I am? I'm standing here with my mouth wide open of course she going to give me weird looks. I close my mouth and try to act like I'm not seeing my daughter for the first time, lets see how long I can keep this up.