What The What

Kayley took a tiny step before falling to the ground groaning in frustration. "Don't give up, Kayley, you'll get it!", Alex says encouragingly.

Alex was Kayley's favorite nurse. She had long wavy brown hair with blond highlights, she had light brown eyes, and had super tan skin. There wasn't a day in Kayley's life she hadn't seen Alex's hair pulled into her signature high ponytail. Alex was known for her honest personality, she was often found being a little to blunt with her patients unless it was a hard matter where she was more kind hearted and caring. She made it a point to let the patients know how much they truly had improved instead of lying to there face and pretending everything was going well in the hospital. These actions got her in trouble with the doctors more often than not.

"No I won't. It's hopeless," Kayley growled in anger punching the ground as she lays there feeling helpless. "Could you help me get back to my wheelchair, please," Kayley asked sighing.

Alex walked over to Kayley putting her face exactly in front of Kayley's and simply saying, "No."

Kayley pulled her face away from Alex her eyes were wide with surprise from Alex's answer, "What?! What do you mean no."

"I mean no or is that too hard fir you to understand," Alex asks standing up and walking away from Kayley leaning up against the wall by Kayley's wheelchair. "Your going to have to get to your chair on your own."

Kayley let her face fall to the floor. "I'll work on walking tomorrow now will you please help me to my wheelchair," Kayley promised lifting her head for and answer. Alex simply shook her head smiling softly.

"You suck, I hope you know that," Kayley says as she slowly and painfully reaches her arms forward towards the wheel and tried with all her might to pull herself but with no luck.

Kayley was nearly healed from another round of cancer. Kayley was now fifteen years old and was frustrated with the fact so much cancer had put her in a wheelchair. She tried to push herself onto her hands and knees so she could crawl back to the chair. She was simply glad she hadn't gone through chemotherapy for her cancer and they had gotten the cancer out through surgeries. She was working on getting her leg muscles back so she could get out of the stupid chair. With no success she fell back on her stomach letting out a compacted groan.

Sick of being on her stomach she pushed herself to her back. She was breathing hard by now. Kayley finally understood the saying you never actually miss something until you lose it, now a lot of simple tasks took a lot more out of her then what she would have thought. This was the ultimate punishment for Kayley there was nothing she hated more than being helpless. The chair made Kayley become the biggest burden in the whole world. The only positive thing she could think of because of this situation was that known she could connect to those patients she has in the future that will have the same hatred for the wheelchair.

Kayley lays there for a while soaking in the defeat until there was a cry of pain from where Alex was standing. Kayley swung her head up sending a wave of dizziness through her. Her hands flew to her head trying to help stop the world from spinning. Trying again she looked at Alew who was cradling her arm. There was blood dripping to the carpet as Alex bit her tongue trying to hold back her another cry.

Kayley's eyes widen again without giving much thought she pulled herself back onto her stomach. "What happened, Alex," she asked worried. Alex walked over to Kayley showing her, her bleeding arm. Kayley pulled herself into a sitting position. Gingerly she grabbed the part of Alex's arm that didn't have the cut, slowly Kayley twisted her arm a little to get a better look careful not to hurt Alex.

"I was on my way to help you a little because I felt bad but I tripped over the wheel of your wheelchair and my hand just so happened to cut itself on the sharp broken part," she explained her throat was tight as she fought back tears.