Epilogue

One month later...

Kayley and her friends were beginning to get back into the swing of school after being gone for around two months. Everyone in the school was ahead and they now had to work extra hard to prove they could stay for the upcoming semester. Ryan struggled the least and help those who could humble themselves enough to ask for help. After they had gotten out they were unable to find Iris and Liam, but they did find Freya, Barbara, Ben, and Christian.

All while they were catching up they didn't realize Christmas break was coming up soon and when they did realize they were stressed, but also super excited. Kayley was heading back to the hospital to check on her cancer and Chris was coming with her because the doctor think they found something that could honestly help him out. Rekel was also leaving to help her family business out because it was super busy during the holidays and they needed all the help they could get, she invited Ken but he thought he would be more of a burden than help because of his clumsy blindness. Addie and Ryan would be staying at the school with Ken reminding the three of Harry Potter when they would for winter break at Hogwarts. Others headed home to visit family, especially after what event had gone on they need a huge sense of famillierness.

Rekel, Kayley and Chris said their final goodbyes to their friends before hopping on the boat to head back home. When they reached the airport and it was time for Rekel to get on they said another goodbye. Chris and Kayley's plane wouldn't be there for another hour. Rekel had a private plane from her family so she gotta go exactly when they finished going through security. They took a seat near the window.

Kayley stared out the window lost in thought while Chris text his family letting them know he had gotten through security and was simply waiting for the plane to arrive.

"So...Are you excited fir Christmas," Chris asked putting down his phone and giving his attention to Kayley.

She shrugged unsure how to express how she felt about another Christmas without her mom and with a huge chance of her cancer coming back again. "It will sure be nice to be back in Michigan where all problems came across as so much less complicated."

Chris nodded in agreement it was hard to believe they had gone through so much in such a short amount of time. He hoped they wouldn't have to deal with something similar to the following year. "Oh uh I nearly forgot my mom and dad wanted me to invite you to hangout with my family during Christmas and New years. Would you like to come,"

"Uh yeah that sounds great. Me and Alex normally just celebrate Christmas the Sunday before so she can celebrate the real thing with her patients and family." Kayley replied as her heart sped up a little.

"Awesome! I'll let my parents know now." Chris said grinned back at her before pulling his phone out again and quickly sending his family a text. Kayley also pulled out her phone letting Alex know what was going on and making sure she was cool with it. Alex replied quickly telling her that she could go over as long as she was in good health.

Kayley smiled before turning her phone off and looking over at Chris. He showed signs of being in a deep text conversation which made her restless. "H-hey Chris," she started and her turned his head towards her tilting his head a little in wonder, "If it's too much of a problem I don't have to come. I don't want to stress your family out." Chris chuckled a little and waved her off before turning back to his phone and continued to text what Kayley assumed was his parents.

"Kayley it's fine my mom was the one who asked me to invite you so it isn't a problem," Chris reassured her placing a gentle caring hand on her shoulder. She gave him a miniature smile before nodding.

After a long pause of them staring into each others eyes Chris cleared his throat before speaking, "Did you hear about the new program they are starting the upcoming school year," Kayley shook her head before returning her eyes to his. Chris let out a nervous laugh before continuing, "They are adding new people to the program who are similar to us but also a lot more... exotic...They are magical creatures who have had something happen to them so they aren't like the other magical creatures."

"WHAT? That is so cool! I would totally tell you that magical creatures aren't real but I mean I can heal and you could punch through a mountain so I believe you," Kayley said her eyes widening in excitement. Chris laughed and Kayley started guessing what creatures might be at the school in the following year. She also made guesses on how the would be different from their kind. Pausing their, or Kayley's, guessing game Kayley added, "Also I think Addie mentioned something about her and Ryan fighting a cyclops. So, I guess that makes sense that there are magical creatures.