Sisters

Kayley placed a couple more outfits that she owned into the suitcase along with some of her favorite medical books getting ready to leave. She didn't know how she felt about going to this unknown school but she did know she was ready.

The school started October first and today was September twenty ninth. She would be leaving tomorrow on an endless airplane ride that the school was thankfully paying for. Apparently there were other people who lived in the same area and would be joining her at the school on the endless plane ride.

Kayley stretched walking around her hospital room making sure she had grabbed everything she needed. When she had tripled checked she took a deep breath and got ready for bed. She slowly fell asleep readying herself for the days to come.

***

Kayley sat in Alex's cars as she drove her to the airport. She fiddled with her fingers watching the scenery flash by. Kayley could fill all of the doubt swarming throughout her head. "Alex," Kayley asked glancing at her. Alex hummed in response so Kayley continued, "What if this isn't a real place? What if it's just some big prank? What if I don't actually have a power and they got the wrong person? What if I'm not what they are looking fir? What if I don't make any friends?"

Alex chuckled rolling her eyes. "You will be fine. The only thing you should worry about is the amount of enemies you will make," she teased shifting lanes.

"WHAT!!!!" Kayley screeched slinging forward eye wide. Alex laughed at Kayley's reaction. Calming down a little Kayley shot Alex a death glare.

"I'm teasing Kaz," she said, shaking her head smiling.

Kayley folded her arms angrily. "Sure," she said rolling her eyes.

"But on a more serious note, how many enemies do you think you will have by the end of the school year," Alex joked noticing the airport was now in site.

Kayley glared at her again before thinking about it. "I won't have any enemies because everyone will love me," Kayley said confidently smirking a little.

"That's the exact attitude," Alex said patting her on the back keeping on arm on the steering wheel. They fell into silence watching as the airport became more and more into view.

Few minutes later Kayley muttered, "One."

"Huh," Alex asked unsure what she said.

Kayley cleared her throat speaking louder, "One. I will make at least one enemy." Alex couldn't stop herself she was thrown into a fit of laughter. She clutched her side with one arm gasping for air. Kayley smiled knowing she would miss her best friend.

Alex parked close to the bus stop that would take them to the airport. They each pulled a bag waiting at the bus stop. Neither said a word not wanting the goodbyes to come anytime soon. The car ride was silent with Kayley looking out the window not daring to look at the friend she would soon be leaving.

***

Kayley and Alex stared at each other neither brave enough to say goodbye. Kayley could sense her throat began to tighten as she tried to stop the tears that she knew would began to flow.

She took a shaky breath before stepping forward bracing herself in Alex's arm. She hugged tightly not wanting to ever let go. Alex was doing to same thing. They both clung onto each other like their lives depended on it. They both glazed watching a little video of some of their best memories.

"I've got you Kaz," Alex said running her hands through her hair on the third day since her mother hadn't shown up. Kayley laid there peacefully letting her breath fall into a calm pattern.