Chapter two

"Kenny!" A small boy yelled, running after a man almost 5 times taller than he is.

The man didn't look back, he quicken his footsteps with a hand on his hat, making sure it wouldn't fly off along the wind.

Behind them were a crowd of people. In the middle was a kid, the kid looked exactly the same as the one who was running after the man. The boy clenched a knife in his palms, beating up a man much larger in size. The crowd was so huge, he couldn't see. He couldn't see the other boy running after the man. But he could see the man leaving. Sure he was confused and didn't want the man to leave but in his situation now, he can't leave or he'll get beaten up, by the man he was fighting and the crowd.

The man was walking straight all the way, in extremely fast speed due to his long legs and his high stamina.

However, the boy didn't stop, the boy kept running after him. The boy had short legs but his stamina was probably as good as the man's.

The man took a turn into a dark alley with the boy still following close to him. Suddenly, he stopped his footsteps, allowing the boy to finally catch up.

"Kenny! Why are you leaving?!" The boy threw his fist at the man's stomach, his head leaning onto the man.

"I can't take on the role of a parent. You two have learnt what it means to live so I have to leave." The man kneeled down to the boy's height, giving the boy a hug.

"Can you fulfill a wish I have before you leave?" The boy's fragile voice asked.

Seeing the boy almost breaking down in tears, it ached Kenny to see the strong boy who didn't even cry when he fell, almost breaking down in front of him.

"What is it?" Kenny asked, his hands on his shoulder, pushing him away from the hug.

"I want to go up there."

-

"Ivel." A familiar voice knocked on his door before opening it almost immediately.

Ivel was laying on bed, his hands under his head, staring at the fan which was off.

His room was the cleanest around. There was at the left corner of his room cupboard, his clothes were placed neatly inside. At the opposite corner of the cupboard was his bed. The bed sheets were neatly folded while the he layed on top. At the right corner was a table. On the table, there was a stack of paper and books neatly arranged beside the papers. The door was opposite of the table.

"I see you're already dressed but still in bed?" Erwin said, raising his eyebrow. He closed the door behind him, standing in front of Ivel's bed. Erwin was being careful not to dirty the place. He knew the young captain was very particular with cleanliness. Which was also why he never assigned him with monitoring the cleaning duty.

"Just daydreaming." Ivel answered, sitting up right, crossing his legs before looking at Erwin. "Why are you here? It's so early."

"I didn't think you were the kind to day dream. There's someone I want you to meet. It'll take awhile to get there." Erwin smirked, getting all mysterious again.

That placed Ivel at thought. Who could that someone be? It's definitely someone special if Erwin was willing to spend time bringing him there.

Ivel got up from bed, putting on his shoes. "Alright. Let's get going then."

Walking through the dormitory, they could clearly hear their own footsteps echoing every step they took. It was quiet, no one was awake yet. Even horses were asleep. Erwin woke two up earlier, getting them ready for the trip. He was well prepared.

They rode the horses there. On the way, they passed by trees and only trees after they left town. It was a thick forest, deep inside the forest was a castle. It used to be occupied by the royal family but was abandoned now.

Confused at why they're heading to the abandoned castle, Ivel questioned Erwin. But all he got in return was, "You'll see." Which made the young captain curious at what Erwin was plotting again.

"We're here." Erwin said as they stopped in front of a large castle.

It was made of bricks. The design was definitely made for the royal family. However, this castle was old and abandoned. It was empty and in the middle of the forest. No one ever visits this place. Some even thinks it's haunted.

Erwin placed his hand on the door knob of the entrance, opening the door. The door squeaked. Ivel looked at the place with disgust, it was dirty, the whole place was covered with a layer of dust. He was holding back his temptation to just clean this place.

They made their way onto the second level, once again, opening a squeaky door. It lead to a room. Inside the room was a male much taller than Ivel himself.

He turned around upon hearing the opening door. Seeing Erwin and the captain, he placed his fist on his heart, saluting.

"Commander Erwin." He greeted Erwin first before addressing the Captain. "Corporal. I'm done with the cleaning here, I'll proceed downstairs."

He picked up the cloth before rushing out of the room. Ivel picked him up on the collar, placing him back inside the room.

"You call this clean? Let me show you. Besides, that's Captain to you." Ivel said, taking the cloth from his hands, cleaning the window himself.

After he was done, he threw the cloth back to the male. "That's what you call clean."

Erwin could only stand at the door, laughing. The male stood there staring at the window, wondering how it could even be that clean before proceeding to cleaning the room again.

"Are you done?!" Levi yelled, coming into the room, glaring at Erwin and Ivel's appearance.

"Almost done, Captain." The male said, not looking up, continuously cleaning.

"Only that window is approved, redo everything else. Also it's Corporal." Levi grunted, rolling his eyes as he turned his back to leave.

"Got it- Wait what?" The male said, standing up, turning his back to face the Corporal he thought was Captain. Levi turned around, narrowing his eyes.

"Levi. I cleaned that window." Ivel said, in an annoyed tone, crossing his arms.

Erwin laughed once more before properly introducing the twins. "This is Ivel, Captain. That's Levi, Corporal."

Eren looked at them with stars in his eyes. Although, still trying to spot the difference.

Ivel rolled his eyes, glaring at Erwin. "And who's that brat?"

"Eren Jaeger." Erwin said, glancing over at Eren before glancing back at Ivel who turned his back to leave.

"Tch. So he's the infamous Eren Jaeger is? I told you he'd make his way to this hell hole Erwin." Ivel said in his usual tone, sounding as emotionless as ever.

'So that innocent brat is him? The infamous Titan shifter that helped reclaim Wall Rose and beat up a few titans during the Struggle of Trost.' Ivel thought to himself, walking off.

Erwin followed behind Ivel, leaving. Coincidentally, today was also the day they needed to get ready to welcome the new recruits. Ivel was in-charge of accompanying Erwin with his speech.

"Maybe by seeing you more people will join." Erwin said, insisting that they must see one of the two humanities strongest soldier.

"Tch. Maybe that's why we always get so little recruits." Ivel said with a huff.

"That's because you always summarize what I have to say, making it sound horrifying." Erwin laughed it off.

"It's true. At least this batch of brats have faced real titans before."