Chapter fifteen

"Mom, where's Dad?" Innocent Levi asked, sitting up right beside his mother. Ivel was swinging his leg, sitting at the other side of Kuchel.

"Hm, let's just say, he's not coming back." Kuchel said, a sad smile emerged on her face. She felt bad for the twins that they didn't have a father. But that wasn't in her abilities bring back that client. Besides the client wouldn't have wanted the two of them either ways.

"What did he look like?" Ivel asked, tilting his head, looking at his mother. His eyes full of innocence and curiosity. Kuchel absolutely adored them.

"Hm, he was a tall man. He wore a frown on his face but he has bright yellow eyes. He had sharp nose and long brown hair. His eyes were narrow and his face was sharp." Kuchel said, recalling what she could remember of the client.

"He must've looked handsome!" Levi exclaimed, not sensing the sense of sorrow from his mother. After all, they were really young.

"Alright now, head to bed you two. I'll tell you a story." Kuchel smiled, placing the two on the bed, covering the blanket over them.

"There once had a king. The king build a wall to protect his citizens from an organisation called Yoru, which exists for the sake of eliminating humans. The wall kept the organisation out for a hundred years, or so the Kings thought. Actually, they infiltrated the place and had headquarters underground. They just didn't attack because they were focused on training. When they come out, they'll be stronger than ever and a certain heroic brave man will appear as well. The man will take a pill that will grant his power to eliminate Yoru, taking his own life but saving many others." Kuchel said. Glancing at the twins, they already fell asleep. Kuchel felt like she was watching two little angels sleep.

-

"I'm done with all those people. They're all Idiots." Ivel said, rolling his eyes. In front of him stood a tall man, with narrow bright yellow eyes, brown long hair and a sharp nose and face. He looked similar in a sense to Ivel, it was possible that they were related. It would make total sense.

"And how can we trust you?" The man spoke once more, narrowing his eyes at Ivel. Ivel didn't gave him an anxious or unusual look. He glared back at him.

"I'm Ivel Ackerman, you illegitimate child. Besides, I have no point in staying in the Survey Corps. I'll just get myself eaten sooner or later." Ivel said, casually leaning against the wall.

The man eyed at him suspiciously but Ivel showed no signs of nervousness or anything, placing a grin on the man's face.

"Zoku, General of the military branches. I'm sure we've met in council meetings, I'm the one that monitors information you gather." The man smiled, his hand reaching out to shake hands with Ivel. He had expected Ivel to take out his hand to shake hands but to his surprise, Ivel glared at his hand, clearly not wanting to.

"We'll love to have you join us." Zoku said, opening the door in front of them, revealing a group of people. Zoku introduced Ivel to each one of the fellow members of Yoru and introduced Ivel as a new member. Amongst the group, Ivel recognised some of them, they were higher ups that he seen before in meetings.

"Humanity strongest soldier can't just quit the Survey Corps. It'll attract to much attention." A man said. Through Zoku's introduction Ivel understood the man was the head of the organisation, Rod Riess.

"Easy, I'll be in the Survey Corps as a spy." Ivel said, still standing despite the rest were seated.

"We already have spies implanted there." Another man brought up. He was the chemist, according to Zoku.

"But they aren't free to report information back to you. Neither do they have the authority to hear the Commander's plan." Ivel pointed out, convincing every one inside the room.

"Alright. Are you able to report back every week?" Rod clasped his hands together, placing them on the table.

"I'm able to and will if there's information." Ivel said, looking into the man's eyes. The silence was awkward and getting tense until Zoku decided to do something about it. He volunteered to bring Ivel for a tour around the place and let him get a grasp of it.

The headquarters had a room meant for meetings, it was only wide enough to fit a small amount of people since they had little members, most were also out as spies, Ivel found out through Zoku's introduction.

Then there was a laboratory where the chemist works together with a few other scientists, making chemicals. They were the main support of the organisation. In what way? Ivel didn't get an answer.

There was also an empty room, it was horribly scratched and was old. Zoku explained that it was used for the passing down of Titan shifting abilities. They currently have 4 titans, each of different abilities.

Annie, The Female Titan. Reiner, The Armour Titan. Bertholdt, The Colossal Titan. Zeke, The Beast Titan.

In addition, there was a equipment room. Inside had a large amount of weapons, not made to kill titans but humans. After all, according to Annie, their goal was to eliminate humans.

Besides that was a small compact training ground and their own dormitories. Zoku even gave a summarised background story about the organisation. It was like the one Ivel's mother told him as a bed time story, it was exactly the same. However, this had more detail.

"There once had a king. The king build a wall when we developed a new way of opposing him. He claimed it was to protect his citizens from Yoru. They thought the wall actually kept us out for a hundred years but we actually evacuated underground. We didn't attack because we focused on training. No one actually believes we still exist. They thought they were fighting against titans, plain old simple titans." Zoku explained, ending off with a chuckle. "Have you thought why titans eat humans unnecessarily?"

Ivel tilted his head, looking into Zoku's bright eyes. After all those years of fighting titans, he never actually found an answer to that question. He shook his head, waiting for Zoku to respond.

"Because they were instructed to do so." Zoku replied, smirking. "Have you thought how they reproduce if they don't have a reproduction system?"

Ivel shook his head once more. These were the questions the Survey Corps have been desperately trying to find out.

"Because they're made. The chemicals. You insert them into humans or dolls, it'll turn into a titan
Their goal is to eat humans. Titans were the weapon we created, pushing the king to the point of making walls."

Ivel was going to explode. Sure he knew this organisation was violent but the last thing he expected was for them to be making titans. He nevertheless, he kept his emotions in, seemingly uninterested.