Chapter seventeen

"Mom, what's outside?" A young Levi asked again, sitting beside his mother on a bed.

"It's the outside, above the underground is the top, which are guarded by the walls." Kuchel replied, chuckling. Her eyes hiding a slight sorrow.

"What's beyond the walls?" A young Ivel asked. He was sitting on the ground, looking at his mother.

Kuchel sighed, giving them a sad smile. The two of them really wasn't expecting an answer. It wasn't the first time the topic was raised up and it also wasn't the first time that Kuchel didn't answer their question. So they weren't expecting anything this time either.

"Keep this a secret okay?" She winked at them.

The eyes of the two boys sparkled in curiosity as a smile found it's way into their faces. They both nodded rapidly, waiting for an answer.

"There's a sea out there. It's made of a lot of water and it's salty. I heard you'll reach it if you head straight north." Kuchel whispered to the two boys, catching their interest. She placed her finger on her lips. "But you can't tell anyone about it, unless you trust them like I trust you."

-

"Ivel. Welcome, you have something to report?" Zoku said, welcoming Ivel from the enterance.

"I just needed your upcoming plans." He replied, dash walking past Zoku, inside. Zoku narrowed his eyes in annoyance of Ivel's 'friendliness'.

"Disbanding the Survey Corps. The survey corps are probably to only people that can actually fight. We can't afford having them out there fighting. We'll then wait for a few years, their skills would get rusty after not using them for a long time. After that, we'll proceed with breaking more walls and more titans invading." Zoku said, sitting on the table with his hands crossed. Ivel was leaning against the wall, opposite of Zoku.

"Send the Armour Titan out. The Survey Corps are having an expedition soon. Capture Eren, he'll be in the middle of the formation." Ivel said, glaring at Zoku.

Zoku lifted an eye brow at him, "They are? I'm yet to be informed about it."

"Of course you haven't. Erwin was going to report it tomorrow morning. This is from me. I been part of the planning so it's only natural you get early information." Ivel said, seeming proud, making Zoku look at him in fear, slightly taken aback by Ivel. He really didn't regret recruiting him as one of them.

"Alright, I'll report this in. You should head back soon." He said, glancing at Ivel casually before turning to leave. In the piece of darkness, Zoku could've sworn he saw Ivel glare at him as if he was plotting his murder. However, when he looked back at him, Ivel shot him a normal glare, making Zoku doubt himself.

'Was I seeing things?' The thought didn't left his mind as he and Ivel separated on their own ways.

-

Hanji rushed to the top floor of the dormitory, dash walking pass almost everyone she sees, telling them to head to bed, it was long since lights off. Even though no one really cares.

Mike, Levi and Erwin were already settled in the room. They were all waiting for Hanji and Ivel to arrive. They were all excited yet nervous for the new information or plan they may be getting.

Suddenly the door burst open, Hanji closed the door behind her, panting slightly. "Where's Ivel?"

"Not here yet. He's late-" Erwin said before he got cut off by the opening door. Hanji dropped herself in one of the seats.

Ivel closed the door behind him. He held a roll of paper in his hand. He walked to the table, slamming the paper on the table, unrolling it. He was holding a pen in his hand. His grip was really tight, it made Erwin wonder what's going on.

"Yoru plans on getting the Survey Corps disbanded and we can't let that happen. We are going on an expedition. Four groups. Each of us will be split up so listen carefully with your shitty ears. I will take central with Eren and my squad. The armour titan will come targeting Eren. That'll be the trap, I'll get the armour titan there, capturing him. However, we'll report that Levi did it. Yoru has inside spies in the government, they'll know. The four teams will only have five people. We're coming back with no casualties at all. The four of us will be the ones firing the flares, only we'll know the colours. Blue for a titan, Purple for an abnormal, Black for an emergency where you have to take care of it. Red and Yellow will be fired by Erwin, he'll tell us where to move. Red will be right and Yellow will be left. When you see it, you return with Pink. I alone will have green, which signals retreat. Only bring the best people, we are coming back with no casualties at all cost." Ivel said, scribbling words and arrows on the paper with his typewriter handwriting.

"It's impossible to come back without casualties." Erwin said, looking on the ground, his face showing a sight of sorrow. Ivel kicked his chair, making him jump, staring in Ivel's eyes.

"You think I don't know that?! That's what everyone says! That's why, the more the reason we've got to return with no casualties. Bring only your best man." Ivel replied, dropping the pen on the table, dropping himself onto the chair.

They stared at each other for awhile, in complete silence before Hanji raised her hand, speaking. "I'll bring my team."

Mike and Erwin nodded, agreeing with her. Levi however was going through a list, the list of members. He sighed deeply as he clasped the book, placing it on the table, telling them his new team.

"We'll be riding quite close to each other on the expedition so no sacrifice will be necessary. Do not do anything reckless. Lastly, implant this into your teams head, only do something when instructions are given and obey all instructions. Erwin, tell the council we're going on an expedition with the usual plan. They won't know." Ivel instructed, glancing at Erwin. Erwin nodded I'm acknowledgement, understanding his instructions.

"Straight north... We're going there aren't we...?" Levi mumbled under his breath. His eyes and Ivel's fixed on the paper laying on the table.

"Where?" Hanji spoke, her face showing a slight of excitement. Erwin and Mike glanced over at the two, curious. The two glanced up from the paper, looking into each other eyes.

"The sea."