Chapter 19

The knife clattered from the Ghoulies' grasp to the floor. The Ghoulie looked up in shock to see who had so sneakily and skillfully unarmed him.

"Jughead Jones," he growled, but before he had a chance to say anything else, an arrow pierced through his shoulder, causing him to screech in pain.

"I told you you'd be sorry if you hurt her," Cheryl victoriously held up her bow and arrow from the doorway.

The injured Ghoulie looked around him. All of his companions were unconcious on the floor.

"How...?" he could not comprehend the situation.

"Let me explain this so you dimwit can get it," Cheryl sneered. "While you were shot by moi, my fellow friends shot your goons."

Veronica Lodge smirked as she held up her tranquiliser gun like a Bond girl, then shot him as well.

Toni looked smitten while Cheryl quickly untied her.

"TT, I'd never forsake you!" she boasted. "I'm so glad you're fine!"

"I know, I know," Toni giggled. "Thank you guys, you guys are amazing, and Veronica, I had no idea you could shoot!"

"Me neither," Jughead admitted in a neutral voice, hiding his admiration for the dark haired girl.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me," Veronica winked at the Serpents, receiving mixed responses: Sweet Pea rolled his eyes, Fangs and Jughead showed no emotion, while Toni and Cheryl grinned at her.

"We're gonna need a truck to load these guys in," Sweet Pea commented, dialling for assistance from the White Wyrm.

Veronica smiled as she gazed at her two best friends fretting over each and embracing.

"What?" Jughead questioned. "You're looking like a creep staring at them."

Veronica sighed exasperatedly. "Just look how cute they are, I wish I had a relationship like that too, but you'd never understand love, would you?"

Jughead snorted. "I have no room in my life for relationships. In fact, I'm most probably not going to have a girlfriend ever."

"That's what you're saying now, but who knows?" Veronica shrugged, raising an eyebrow at the stubborn Serpent king.

"I do, I know for sure," he continued to argue. "Relationships are too troublesome and time consuming."

'Geez, Betty must have broke his heart real bad' Veronica thought. She smiled at him sympathetically. "A day will come when you'll take back everything you just said."

"Wanna bet?" Jughead challenged.

"Oh please, a Lodge loves a deal," she was not backing down either.

"If I don't get into a relationship within three months," Jughead smirked, "You have to wear guy clothing only for a month."
Jughead internally laughed at the idea of Veronica Lodge wearing guys' clothing instead of her usual glamorous, girly outfits. Even when she was working at the White Wyrm, she'd still look fabulous in all black to Jughead.
(Not that he'd ever tell her)

She wrinkled her nose at the unattractiveness of losing the bet, but still stood her ground. "Fine, and if you do get into a relationship within three months, you're wearing my clothes for a week, pearls and heels included."

Jughead scowled. He doubted he could fit into her clothes and he was pretty sure that him losing was way more humiliating than what Veronica had to do. However, he was Jughead, and Jughead did not give up.

"Deal," they shook hands.

"This should be interesting," Toni and Cheryl watched gleefully.