~Chapter 18~

Your POV

     I felt something nudge against my hand as I felt myself start to wake up. At first, I decided to keep my eyes closed and try to go back to sleep but again, I felt my hand get nudged.
     Groaning, I lifted myself up, eyes still closed and immediately regretted it as a large burst of pain erupted through my head and neck, causing me to fall back down onto what I guessed was a pillow. Throwing up my hands, I covered my eyes as to try and stop the pain.
     As soon as I had started to rub my eyes I heard something running against the floor and a door opening and closing. After a few seconds the door opened again, followed by foot steps. After that I just felt something cold being set onto my forehead, and something being set on my face, in front of my eyes to be specific.
Out of curiosity, I opened my eyes just a smidge, expecting a bright light and pain but was greeted with a dark room, and I seemed to be wearing sunglasses... must mean I have a concussion considering how much my head hurt. Not gonna lie it was smart.
After a few seconds of blinking my eyes and getting used to my surroundings I began to lift myself up again, only to be gently pushed back down.
"Woah there, don't push it darlin" I heard Jesse mumbled as he started to dab my forehead with the cold washcloth (anyone see what I did there?)
"Jesse?" I mumbled under my breath as I turned my head slightly. Sure enough, there he was gazing into my eyes fearfully.
     He then let out a sigh and let his head fall forward, landing next to me on the bed he let out a groan.
     "Never do that again..." he mumbled into the covers. His hat was on the side of the bed and his hair a mess. How long was I even out?
     "Jesse? Is everything alright?" I asked,  my head pounding slightly, but not enough to make me close my eyes and go back to sleep.
     He looked up at me and blinked, a few stray tears started to well up in his eyes, surprising me.
     He then lunged at me, wrapping his arms around me as he held me close.
     For a few seconds all the pain within my body disappeared, and was replaced by a warm fuzzy feeling. And I loved it.
"Jesse..." I mumbled softly as I wrapped my arms around him, holding his as he let out a shaky breath.
"I'm never fast enough- I'm Never good Enough!" He called out as he held me tighter, his body slightly shaking.
"For once in my damn life I- I have something to protect! But I always fail at doing so..." he mumbled as I held onto him tighter.
I then pushed him up and held onto his shoulders, my eyes gazing into his own.
"Jesse. Who was the one that saved me from talon?" I questioned while closing my eyes, my gaze being clouded by tears of my own as I took in a breath.
He didn't respond
"Who was the one that always held me when I had a nightmare- who was he one that pulled me out of the darkness- who was the one that had my back from day one? Even when I hated you, you never stoped worrying." I whispered, opening my eyes once again only to be met with his wide eyes staring back at me.
He then pulled me into yet another embrace, his vanilla breath giving the warm feeling grow within my chest. I then heard my heart speaking before my mind.
"Hey Jesse?" I asked as he pulled away, his eyes shining as he looked back at me.
"I think I might l-"
"Jesse McCree if you don't get your ass down at my office in ten seconds, I'm gonna beat your ass." I heard my uncles voice boom through the speakers that were installed in almost every room.
Without warning, Jesses face turned to horror as he shot up and turned to run but stoped for a split second. He then turned, kissed me on the forehead and sprinted out the door, yelling something about how Gabriel would be the death of him.
Laughing, I felt my face flush as I was left alone. I then looked to the side of my bed to see a small remote with a button on it.
Swiftly- I grabbed it and pressed it, knowing full well that Angela or Winston would be here any second now.
"Eclipse?" I murmured as I turned slightly, meeting the gaze of my loving Panther.
"So that's what I heard when I woke up." I smiled as the large cat jumped on the bed, making his way over to me and setting his head down on my lap.
"Thank you..." I murmured as he spoke to me within my head, giving me a quick summary of what happened.
     I then replayed everything that had just occurred.
     "Oh... OH-" I covered my mouth as I Remembered what I had almost said, my face flushing red as I felt my eyes widen.
     "Why didn't you stop me!" I whisper yelled under my breath towards my loving cat, who seemed to snicker and lay down at the edge of my bed.
     Before I could continue my rant with him, there was a knock at my door, causing me to turn my head towards the sound.
     "(Y/N)? Are you awake?" I heard the familiar voice of Angela call out as she peaked her head in through the sliding door.
     She noticed I was awake and let out a sight of relief. Then, she made her daw over to my bed and put her hand to my forehead.
     "Oh good, your fever is not there anymore. But you do still have a concussion... where did you get those sunglasses?" She asked while looking at me.
     "When I woke up Eclipse went and got McCree and he gave me them. Believe it or not, they actually work really well." I smiled, silently thanking Jesse yet again for thinking so quickly.
     She nodded and handed me a glass of water, took my blood pressure and everything else before she spoke yet again.
     "No training until you get better, do you hear me? Your lucky that I'm going to let you walk around, but you must be careful. Too much movement can hurt your eyes, causing your head to hurt. Also before you can do anything else, I would like you to come with me. There is someone who would like to talk to you." She finished as she set down a pair of leggings and a large sweater. She then left the room, probably waiting for me to change.
     "Alright Eclipse, would you like to come or you gonna go back?" I questioned the Panther as I threw on the clothing that was given to me.
     He looked at me and nodded, being quiet for some odd reason.
     "I'll take that as a yes?" I questioned as I left the room, Eclipse following after me.