2 - The Nerd Lab

Yui ran down the ally to a dumpster. She reached behind and grabbed her motor scooter that she stashed behind. Yui changed her shiny, metallic-looking jacket to her old, beat up, red leather jacket. She turned off "Bot Fight Mode" on her goggles, pulled them over her eyes, strapped on her helmet, and rode out onto the rode. The brown haired girl drove down the rode, the sun set behind the San Fransokyo Bridge, the sound of Panic! At the Disco filled her ears. Yui enjoyed riding, the wind blowing past her, the calm scenery as she drove down the road. It was one of the little things in life she enjoyed.

Yui pulled up to the school and went straight to her lab. She plugged D.I.V.A. to charge and took out her latest projects; her Mech Wings and Stretch Whip. Yui got out her tools and put the finishing touches on the joints of the wings. It took her longer than she anticipated because hours passed and when Yui looked out the window of her lab, she saw it was dark.

'Wow, it's getting late. No better time to test them than now.' Yui straps on the wings and slips on the controller gloves. She turns on gloves and gives a flap motion with her arms, causing the wings to smoothly mimic the motion. Yui nods, satisfied with the controls. 'Now for the real test.', she thought as she grabs her bike helmet, exits her lab and walks into the test lab, filled with students testing their latest projects.

Yui took a deep breath, strapping on her helmet and flapped her arms at a slow and steady pace. Her feet started to lift from the ground. Yui smiled and laughed a bit as she flapped her arms faster and went higher in the air. She leaned toward and moved in that direction. Yui was starting to get the hang of it, even though her arms were getting tired.

"Gizmo! Down here!" Yui looked down and saw her sister Aura waving for Yui to come down. Next to Aura was her fiance, Tadashi, and a boy Yui hasn't seen around the lab before. Yui moved toward the little group and slows down her flapping and landed, finally getting a good look at the boy. She instantly recognizes Hiro from the bot fight earlier that day, but the same couldn't be said for Hiro. Who could blame him, he was too fixated on the mech wings to question whether or not the girl wearing them looked familiar.

Aura stood between the two teens and gestured toward Yui, "This is my sister Gizmo. Gizmo, this is--"

"Hiro, right? It's awesome to officially meet you." Yui said, slipping off her helmet and extended her hand out to Hiro. Hiro shook her hand and nodded, "Are those Mech Wings?" he asked, not taking his eyes off of Yui's wings.

Yui smiled, "Yup, made them myself! You like them?" She lifted her arms, spreading her wing and turning so Hiro could get a good look at her creation.

"Are you kidding, their awesome!" Hiro exclaimed, passing his hand over the bronze painted wings, "What are they made of? Something light like carbon fiber, right?"

"Yes, actually. I used some of the scraps from Baymax Tadashi had left over. Thanks again for that." Yui said, turning to Hiro's brother.

Tadashi smiled, "No problem. Glad I could help, Gizmo." He nods to his brother, "We should probably get going." Hiro was about to nod and head for the exit, but Yui stood in front of the brothers.

"Actually I'd like to show Hiro my lab, show him my other projects. If you'd like to see that is." Yui looked at Hiro with questioning eyes. Hiro knew his answer, he had seen so many amazing things so far and wonder if there was any way to top what he's seen, "We still have time, Tadashi."

Tadashi looked at his brother then at Yui. They both had a pleading look on their faces. Yui wanted to show Hiro her Stretch Whip and her D.I.V.A. Bot, and more important, she wanted to see what she knew would be the priceless look on Hiro's face when he figures she is Steampunk.