8 - Upgrades

After sneaking pass Cass and to Hiro's garage lab, Yui started up the computer's and Hiro scanned Baymax, "If we're gonna catch that guy, you need some upgrades

After sneaking pass Cass and to Hiro's garage lab, Yui started up the computer's and Hiro scanned Baymax, "If we're gonna catch that guy, you need some upgrades."

"Well apprehending the man in the mask improve your emotional states?" Baymax questioned.

"Absolutely!" Yui said and pulled up the motion software, "Take it from here, Hiro." Yui got up and started working on the armor. With the little time they had to prepare Baymax for this, Yui had to compromise for his round belly in the design. For the combat, Hiro decided to take a clip from an old movie, sync up Baymax with the fighter, and program the moves into a chip.

After fabricating, buffering, and assembling, Baymax was standing before Hiro and Yui.

Baymax lifted his arms, "I have some concerns. This armor may undermine my non-threatening, huggable design."

"Kind of the whole idea., buddy. You look sick!" Hiro said.

Baymax tilted his head in confusion, "I can't get sick. I am a robot."

Yui shook her head, "It's an expression, dude." As she said that the computer announced that the data transfer was complete. Hiro rolled over to the computer in his chair and grabbed the red and black chip. He drew a skull on it to give it a little flare. Yui saw this and it made her wonder. If it's the only chip in the data port, would Baymax become dangerous? She didn't want to think about it. Not that it would happen.

Hiro raced over to Baymax and opened the access panel. A bright green health care chip sticks out with a piece of tape that said "Tadashi Hamada" across the top. Hiro paused for a second, then put the combat chip in. No tears, this was progress.

Baymax looked down at Yui, "I fail to see how karate makes me a better health care companion."

Yui looked at him innocently, "Well you want to keep us healthy, right?"

Hiro came from behind Yui with a wooden board in from of him, "Punch this." In no time, Baymax pulled back and punched the board into two splintered halves.

"Wicked!" Yui exclaimed and jumped in the air.

"Hammer fist!" Hiro commend. Baymax hammer fisted three stacked up boards to splinters. Baymax proceeded to do other moves like Side Kick and Knife Hand. Hiro even had him retrieve gummy bears, which made her laugh. Especially after it worked.

After reviewing all of Baymax's moves, Hiro and Yui exchanged their own little handshake (up top) and Hiro held his hand out for a fist bump.

Baymax tilted his head in confusion, "'Fist Bump' is not in my fighting database."

"This isn't a fighting thing. Its a thing people do when they're excited or pumped up!" Hiro proceeded to teach him how to fist bump. Hiro did an explosion at the end and Baymax fluttered his and said, "Ba la la la." Which made Yui giggle. Hiro kind of smiled when he heard her. They have been spending a lot of time together and Hiro has really come to appreciate having Yui with him as they both went through a difficult time in their lives. Yui also loved having someone to relate to and share programming and software tips with.

"I will add fist bump to my caregiving matrix." Baymax informed.

"Alright then, let's go catch that lunatic." Yui said and opened the garage to begin their adventure.

~Le Time Skip~

Baymax kicked the door to the warehouse down and Yui and Hiro peeked out from behind him, "Get him, Baymax!" Yui looked around and saw nothing.

"We're too late." Hiro said.

Yui heard a clinging sound coming from Hiro's pocket, "Woah, the Microbot is going bizerk again!"

Hiro took the Petri dish out of his pocket and started to follow the direction it was heading. Yui saw that Hiro was walking towards the bay.

"Uh, Hiro." she called out.

"Shh, I think we're getting close." Hiro said, distracted.

"Hiro!" Yui caught Hiro by the hood and pulled him back before he could fall into the bay.

"Always wait one hour before swimming." Baymax said.

Yui nodded over to Baymax, "What he said." Hiro laughed nervously and looked back at the Petri dish, the Microbot was slamming so hard that it flew out of the dish and into the ocean. Yui looked out to where the Microbot flew off and she saw something in the distance. It was dark and had a strange shape to it. Yui's eyes widened at the realization. Suddenly, a chunk of metal being held by the Microbots rose from the ocean. Hiro grabbed her hand and dragged her and Baymax behind a stack of cargo loads.

"Time to use those upgrades!" Hiro said in a loud whispered tone. Once Baymax got into fighting position, headlights shined on the three of them. Yui covered her eyes from the blinding light.

"Hiro? Gizmo?" The lights turned off and Yui saw Wasabi and her other friends getting out of the car.

"No, no, no! Get out of here! Go!" Hiro said worriedly.

"What are you two doing here?" Wasabi asked.

"N-nothing! J-just out for a walk. Helps my pubescent mood swings?" Yui gave Hiro a look and hit him in the shoulder.

"Is that Baymax?" Wasabi asked. Yui was about to explain but Gogo pointed at Baymax, "And why is he wearing carbon fiber underpants?"

"I also know karate." Baymax said making robot movements.

"Okay, you guys need to go! Like, right now!" Yui said exasperated.

"No, don't push us away. We are here for you two. That's why Baymax contacted us." Honey Lemon said as she put a hand on Yui's shoulder.

Baymax interjected, "Those who suffer a loss require support from friends and loved ones. Who would like to share their feeling first?"

Fred jumped and raised his hand, "Oh, I'll go! My name is Fred and its been 30 days since my last... HOLY MOTHER OF MEGA ZI!" They all turned around to see the Kabuki-man holding a cargo load in the air.

"Am I the only one seeing this?", Fred asked. Everyone stared at the site in front of them and Honey Lemon took a picture with her cell phone. This agitated the Kabuki-man and the threw the cargo load down at the group. While Wasabi let out the most feminine scream Yui had ever heard in her life, she grabbed on to Hiro crouched down to the ground, and shut her eyes tight.

TO BE CONTINUED...