Chapter 9.

This chapters song is Ric flair Drip by offset and metro boomin(vote if you like rom-coms)

Lukes Pov

The last bell rang and, I quickly put my books in my bag. I was in a rush to go home.

"Luke can you stay for a second,"My teacher said. Great, this was going to be fun.

"Luke you need to get yourself together your math grade has been getting worse as the year has gone on. Can you tell me why this is."My math teacher said.

"I don't know why,"I said. I knew exactly why it was because of Autumn. I cant get her off my mind. Sure what I did was not cool, but I never expected her to find out.

"Look, Luke, if you don't get your grades up I'm afraid you might have to do summer school."My teacher said while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I know, I'll try harder,"I said with no intentions of trying harder. I wasn't worried I could get my parents to pay him off so he would change my grade.

I walked out of the classroom. I probably was the only one in school besides the teacher to be here after the final bell rings.

I heard talking in the distance. I turned around to see Autumn explaining something to James. It looked like she might be giving him a tour of the school. They seemed to be good friends now.

It hurt me to see her happy with another guy.

I would go up to them but after what happened Friday. I knew Autumn would not want to see me.

I never meant to hurt her, I had one too many beers one second I was trying to talk to Autumn, and the next second James Jordon has my arm twisted behind my back.

It all happened so fast Autumn was crying because of me I felt like a monster.

I am a monster.

I walked out of the school thinking about the events of Friday.

beep...beep...beep

I took my phone out of my pocket and saw Brody was calling me. I wasn't in the mood to talk to him but it's not like I could avoid him.

"Hey Brody,"I said.

"Luke where the fuck are you. I've been waiting in the parking lot for like two hours. You better get your ass over here before I leave you."He said in an angry tone.

"I'm coming, I had to talk with the math teacher,"I said.

I walked over to Brody's car. It was a black Mercedes his parents got it for him at the beginning of the year. All he did was complain about how it wasn't a Ferrari. I might be rich, but Brody is just a straight up brat.

The only reason I'm still friends with him is that I have a reputation to uphold.

"It took you long enough to get here, hop in were going to Juliet's house. "Brody said.

"It's ok I'll walk home I don't really want to go,"I said turning to walk away. Brody ran in front in me.

"Come on man it's like lately you don't want to do anything," Brody said seeming hurt.

"It will be fun, I promise," Brody said.

"Fine," I say and turn around to get in his car.

We start to drive, and Ric Flair Drip comes on.

"Oh this is my shit man turn it up," Brody said.

I turned up the radio.

"Metro Boomin want some more, nigga!"Brody sang as he drove.

I physically cringed.

"Can you please not use that word,"I siad.

"You don't want me to say, nigger," Brody said as if it was difficult to understand.

I physically cringe again. "Can you please stop saying it,"I said again.

"You date one black girl, and all the sudden you think your MLK or something. You need to chill. Slavery happened like seven hundred years ago. It doesn't even mean the same thing anymore, and if black people can say it why can't I." Brody said. The scary thing is he believes everything he just said.

I had to clench my fists so I didn't knock him it.

How could someone be so ignorant?

"We're here, and don't do anything weird like you did in the car," Brody said. I roll my eyes. 

Most of my friends do say the n-word. I was never ok with it, but after dating Autumn and seeing how much that word hurt her. I started calling people out. It didn't do much good they still said it.

"Brody I have to tell you something," I said nervously.

"What is Luke," Brody said sounding very agitated.

"Damien said if the fight that happened between James and is sold to the media he will tell everyone the truth about my relationship with Autumn,"I said while looking at my shoes.

"What the fuck Luke! You cant be serious how did he find out only me Autumn and you know,"Brody yelled.

"I might have told him a while ago,"I said quietly.

"Why the hell would you do that!"He yelled.

"I don't know, I'm sorry," I said.

"You better make sure no one sells the story! There is no way I'm getting in trouble for what happpened. You know how serious the school is about stuff like that."Brody said still yelling.

"I'll take care of it,"I said.

"You better," Brody said in an angry tone.

We knocked on Juliet's door. 

Comment if you hate Brody.