Mini Story Part One

I wanted to post this yesterday but I had work to do, happy late Halloween. This chapters song is Mystery of Love by Sufjan Stevens. (Side note: Rachel will be referred to as Rachel or Jade. Jade is her middle name)

Third Person Pov

2008, October 31 (Halloween)

It was the junior Halloween party, hosted by a girl nobody knew or liked until she decides to have a party.

Everyone was in costume.

On the couch was the two most popular guys in the grade. Wyatt Sinclair and Miles Fitzgerald. They were the two guys that all the girls want to be with and all the guys wanted to be. They were both G.I Joes.

"If I see one more slutty angle or devil I will lose my shit," Miles said and then took a sip from his red cup.

"Agreed," Wyatt said.

"This shit is hella boring man," Miles looked around to see if anything interesting was going on.

A smile formed on Miles' face," why don't we make a bet," he said.

"K, why not." Wyatt shrugged.

"Ok, I bet that you can't go on a date that girl over there," Miles said pointing to a girl in the corner. 

She was black and her hair was out in a fro and was holding her red solo cup with both hands like it was a lifeline. She was wearing a robe with a crest on it. She wasn't talking to anyone it was clear that she was uncomfortable and didn't want to be there.

"Let me go one further if I can take her virginity you pay me one thousand dollars," Wyatt didn't really care about the money, he never liked losing a bet.

"Its a deal," Miles said and shook Wyatt's hand. Wyatt got up and walked over to the girls. Everyone who wasn't passed out or drunken was openly gaping that the most popular guy was talking to a nobody.

"What's your name," Wyatt asked the girl.

"Umm my-y name is Rachel," she said. "But my friends call me Jade," she said quietly.

"Well, Jade what are you?"Wyatt asked eyebrows furrowed trying to figure out her costume.

"I'm a wizard," Jade said. Wyatt still looked confused.

"You know like Harry Potter."

"Ohhh, Harry Potter I've never read the books but that is pretty cool," Wyatt raved.

Wyatt looked back at Miles to gloat but found he was making out with a girl. "So why don't we hang out next week and you can teach me about Harry Potter," Wyatt put one hand against the wall next to Jade's head and leaned in closer.

Rachel Jade was a nobody she kept to herself and didn't talk to anyone.

Her mom had died four months ago. Her dad became an acholic not being able to deal with the fact.

Jade didn't have a lot of friends. Wyatt was the first person who had asked Jade to be friends in high school.

..............One week later..............

Wyatt and Jade were sitting in a booth, sharing a cookie and cream milkshake.

"So you read the first book what do you think," Jade asked.

"I mean Philosopher's Stone, was ok," Wyatt admitted.

"Ok! Philosopher's Stone literally sets up the whole wizarding universe and tells the story of Harry childhood!" Jade exclaimed.

Wyatt smiled, he liked when Jade spoke her mind and was passionate.

"You have to read the next book," Jade pleaded.

"If you say I have to read the next book then I will."Wyatt smiled.

..............One week later..............

"Hey Jade where are you," Wyatt said. Him and Jade where suppose to hang out at the diner they hung at last week. When she didn't show up after twenty minutes he called.

"I can't come, "Jade whispered. "Why, what happened, "Wyatt asked concerned.

Wyatt heard something break. "Rachel Jade Harris bring me another beer." A man shouted.

"I have to go!" Jade said and hung up.

"Jade!," Wyatt screamed into the phone.

"No," Wyatt said to himself. He ran to his car and got in and drove to Jade's house.

He called her fifty times and left numerous messages. He waited outside for an hour. Wyatt was about to leave when he saw Jade running towards his car.

She got in the front passenger seat. She was crying her eyes were bloodshot.

"I can't do it anymore, I can't," she said between sobs.

He hugged her "It's ok, It's ok, I'm here for you."

..............One week later..............

"You will never be enough for Wyatt. You were a nobody three weeks ago. Don't get it twisted, because when he needs a real woman to satisfy his needs he will call me," The random girl said to Jade.

Wyatt asked Jade to come to a party with him. Claiming that "she needed to be more social." Jade went to make Wyatt happy, but as soon as she was there, she regretted it. Everyone was giving her weird looks.

She was all alone till a girl came up to her.

In the beginning, she was nice. Then she started asking a lot of questions about Wyatt and Jade's relationship. Then she said stuff about how Jade would never be enough to please Wyatt. Jade knew she was just trying to get a rise out of her, it worked.

She ran out of the house crying. The girl was right she would never be what Wyatt needed.

"Jade wait," she heard Wyatt call from behind her.

"Please go away! I'll never be enough for you." Jade said going from shouting to a whisper.

"Jade," Wyatt whispered. "Look at me." She slowly turned around tears running down her face.

"Jade, you are beautiful. I care for you a lot. She was just jealous and whatever she said wasn't true." Wyatt slowly moved closer to Jade until they were a few inches apart.

Wyatt put both his hands on the side of Jade's face so she would look at him.

"I only want you," Wyatt said. Jade try to look down, but Wyatt lowered his face so that she had to look at him.

"Only you,"

Jade surged forward and smashed their lips together.

Wyatt put his arms around Jade so as they were as close as could be. He turned his head to the right and kissed Jade liked his life depended on it. They moved there mouths as if it was a dance. Sweet but passionate.

On a cold, Decembers night in a driveway with Wyatt Sinclair is where Rachel Jade Harris had her first kiss.