Chapter 2.

This chapters song is Hit the ceiling by Lion Babe (Vote if you like puppies)

Autumn Pov

"Maybe I should tell them I'm sick," I said to Ximena.

"Are you kidding me you're really going to give up a two hundred dollar Djing job because you're scared to see your ex?," Ximena said and gave me a look that meant you can't be serious.

"You know what he did to me. What he put me through. I never want to have to talk to him again. I know he is going to be at this party." I said in a slightly annoyed voice.

"Look, all I'm saying is that your going have to talk to him at some point you have two class together, and you don't want to miss out on the biggest party of the year do you," Ximena said.

"You are right. It's just I'm over Luke, but it still hurts. I can't let him get in the way of two hundred dollars, AND free food," I said starting to feel a little bit better now.

"Don't forget about the free alcohol!!!! Now that's the spirit. Let's go to my closet, and pick out outfits for tonight," Ximena suggested.

Ximena has been my best friend since we were in diapers.

Ximena is rich but not in a snobby way she knows money doesn't grow on trees. Ximena got me into DJing she bought me the equipment for my birthday, and since then it's been my favorite hobby.

Well, you might be asking yourself. How do I live in Millsdale? One of the wealthiest towns in America. It's because my mom worked very hard to buy a house in Millsdale, so we could live here, and go to school since it's the best public school in America.

It's not that we're poor, its just I can't be going shopping every weekend like most kids in my grade. It took me a while to accepted the fact my mom didn't make as much money as everyone else, but now I learned to appreciate what I do have.

Ximena is latina, and I'm black. We are one of the few minorities in our school. I can count on my hands and toes the number of kids that are minorities in my school.

I used to feel out of place, but Ximena always had my back. She was always ready to fight anyone who would make fun of me or call me the n-word.

"Hey what do you think of this dress," Ximena asked. It was a short black dress with a plunging neckline.

"Oh that's cute you should wear it," I said.

"What are you wearing?" Ximena asked.

"Hmmm, probably sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Maybe I'll put on some earrings if I'm feeling jazzy, you know what I mean," I said.

"No way this is a party. Not your granny's knitting club. I'll find you something, one sec," Ximena said.

A few minutes later Ximena came out of her walk-in closet and back to where I was sitting on her bed.

"Try this on." She passed me a cute yellow romper and a black jacket. I put it on and looked in the mirror. I looked good.

"You have to wear that to the part. You look fabulous," Ximena said.

"I don't know if I should, he's going to be there, and I also don't feel too comfortable wearing this in front of a crowd," I said.

"This is why you need to do this instead of moping. Go out there and let the world know you're over Luke, and who knows you might just meet the one," Ximena said.

"Hahaha very funny but I'll wear it. We have a few hours till we have to go and set up the equipment for the party." I said.

"Want to watch Hannah Montana?" Ximena said.

"Definitely," I said smiling. 

I need Ximena to be my best friend and Hannah Montana was my show back in the day. Comment suggestions or predictions.