33 | The Lethality of Playing With Snow

33 | THE LETHALITY OF PLAYING WITH SNOW

PLAYING WITH SNOW

Elliott can't come to terms with the facts. The last words that escaped his mouth, upturned in a sinister, wretched smile, were too much of pure evil to be true.

    He practically informed her that a chance to illegitimately rule a fantasy world is of greater importance and need than the ties of blood.

    If it wasn't for the agony in her side, she would've taken a last leap of faith then and there to rip Ezra's heart out.

    Yes, she'll have him no choice but to be trapped in Earth with what's left of herself and her mother, to be taken hostage in the peasant-like life in the real world with no probability of returning to Narnia. That's the right path, or is it?

    It is like one of those questionnaires that evaluate ones morality: If you are a train conductor and you will only either run your loved one or ten strangers over to bits in the next moment, which path will you ultimately choose to speed down?

    Sure, Elliott may have turned her back on the Narnians in trade of her brother, but was it really selfish of her? To her, everything is in ruled lines of black and white: family above all else. She hasn't had one for too long a time, anyway.

    Meanwhile, she was - and is - close as strangers to every single Narnian individual.

    Plus, the witch had once been conquered centuries ago; she doesn't see why it couldn't be done once more if the Kings and Queens of Old are as brilliant as they are publicised.

    But Ezra, he's different story. If she stumbles out of this world just like she's chanced upon it, will they ever meet once more?

    You know. You know it isn't right!

    Edmund's voice was gravelly with tears when he said those words, clearly distressed under the enraged facade.

    The king spoke the truth, through.

    Ugh, it's too difficult to set the final judgement as to if she's in the wrong or otherwise; you must decide for yourself.

    I really do wonder why I even saved you.

    She questions the king more than he does himself, really.

    But the saying goes that everything happens for a reason.

    So perhaps, Edmund's heroism was a prerequisite for her reunion with Ezra, and their encounter's a sign for her to haul Ezra back to where he truly belongs.

    That's what she believes she has to do.

    What a turn of the tables. If she could stop her brother, just maybe, a win-win situation will occur - her family will find a puzzle piece it's lost, and Narnia wouldn't be thrown into cold waters by the witch's clan, literally.