Chapter Eight: Back and Better

Shakur

Malaysia has been back for a couple months now. She hasn't really talked much about what happened but I'm just happy she's ok. I'm happy my baby is ok. Almost losing her really got me thinking. I love Malaysia and I wanna be with her for a long time. That guy that kidnapped her is still out there. Malaysia pretends to be a hard ass but I know she was scared. She is still a little shook up about it and I know that's why she won't talk about what happened.
"Baby I want the changing station over there and the crib right there."  I said. We were decorating our daughters room. Yep I'm gonna have a little girl. I hope she doesn't look like Malaysia because then we gonna have a problem. We are also getting a new house. Malaysia's dad felt like my apartment wasn't big enough for Malaysia and our child. He helped us buy a nice 4 bedroom 3 1/2 bathroom house. We already got furniture for the living room, dining room and our bedroom. We are working on our daughters room now.
"I can't believe we really have a house together. We're really gonna be a family!"
"Yeah baby we're gonna be a family." I kissed her. I rubbed her stomach. Someone knocked on the door. We went to the door.
"Hey baby sis. Shakur." Myles and Melvin walked in our house. They both kissed Malaysia cheeks. but Malaysia mushed Melvin's face away from her.
"How's my niece doing?" Myles asked touching my her stomach.
"She's great. What brings you two by?"
"I wanted to check on you. Make sure you were being treated right."
"I am. Shakur is the perfect gentleman. Now why are you really here."
"Shakur we got some business to take care of." Melvin said.
"Shakur." Malaysia gave me a look. She wants me to quit working for her dad but I told her I can't. I'm in too deep. I left with Melvin and we talked business. But it's not the type of business you think.

Malaysia

I continued moving things around and hanging up clothes. I couldn't pick up anything more than five pounds.
"What are you guys naming the baby?" Myles said.
"Nia Ashanti Michaels."
"Really?"
"Yeah really. That's a cute name."
"Ok whatever you say."
"So why didn't you leave with Shakur and Melvin?"
"Because-"
"You're babysitting me. Aren't you? You know I'm an adult. I don't need to be watched."
"I know baby sis but after what happened a couple months ago we don't want anything bad to happen to you."
"Nothing is gonna happen to me."
"Just making sure Malaysia."
"Whatever. Come help me with this room." We went upstairs.
"Shakur was putting together the crib so you should finish it." Shakur hasn't touched that crib. He's terrible at stuff like that but Myles is.
"But it's still in the box?"
"Don't fuck with me Myles." He started to put together the crib. I started hanging up clothes and putting them in the closet.
"Are you having a baby shower?"
"For what? I don't have any friends."
"You can still have a baby shower. And you have Nicole."
"Nicole's not really a friend. She's Malik's girlfriend. He's literally the only thing we have in common."
"That's not true. You both like doing girly shit." Myles finished putting together the crib. We finished the room by the time Shakur got home.
"You guys finished?"
"Yep. Now we just have to do the guest rooms and the kitchen. And we'll be all moved in!"
"Baby come here I need help with something." I went downstairs. Shakur was all dressed up and holding some flowers.
"Shakur what are you doing? Why are you dressed like that?" He gave me the flowers.
"I'm hella nervous right now. But here we go. Malaysia I love you so much. You've been my best friend since we were born. You've had my back from then until now and I'll always be grateful. I can't wait till our little girl is born and we become a family-"
"Shakur can you hurry up. I have to pee."
"Malaysia shut up this is important." Myles said recording whatever was going on.
"Can I finish now?"
"Yeah baby finish what you were saying."
"Ok I can't wait until Nia is born and we can become a family. A family where you are my wife and I'm your husband. What I'm trying to say is I love you and-"  He got down on one knee and I literally almost pissed myself.
"Malaysia will you marry me?" I stared at him for a long time.
"Yes. Of course I'll marry you." I hugged him. I kissed him.
"Aww this is so cute. Now how are you gonna tell dad you're engaged."
"Since when do I tell that man anything."
"You can't just leave him in the dark. He should know to."
"I'm going to stare at my ring for a couple hours since you guys wanna fuck up my mood." I went upstairs.
"Damn bae you getting thick!" Shakur said.
"Quit staring at my sisters ass." I heard someone smack him in the back of the head. I went into my room. I got into bed. I'm engaged. I can't believe this. Fuck I forgot I still had to pee. I got up and went my big ass to the bathroom. I walked back out of the bathroom and Shakur was laying in my spot. I walked up to him.
"You're in my spot."
"Baby just get on the other side."
"Shakur Micheals keep playing with me."
"Nobody playing you."
"Then get out of your pregnant fiancé spot."
"Malaysia is it really that deep over a spot on the bed."
"Yeah." He moved over.
"See that's your problem. Yo little spoiled ass."
"I'm not spoiled!"
"I bet nobody even told you no before."
"My dad tells me no all the time."
"Yeah right."
"I'm not spoiled. So leave me alone because I'm going to bed." I ignored everything else he said and I went to sleep.

End of chapter