Chapter Eleven: Coma

5 months later

Malaysia

"Nia you ready to go see daddy." I got Nia dressed. I picked her up and we went to the hospital. We went to Shakur's room. His nurse was in there.
"Hello Nurse Hopkins."
"Good morning Malaysia."
"Is he doing any better?"
"I'm sure he'll wake up soon."
"God I hope so." Raising Nia by myself has not been easy. I got a job working at this boutique. The pay is ok but it doesn't even put a dent in the bills. My dad helps me even when I told him not to.
"I'll give you some time alone." She left. I sat by his bed side.
"Shakur. Nia can't wait to meet you. She looks just like you. She-" someone walked into the room. It was Shakur's mom.
"What are you doing here?"
"I came to see my son and apparently the granddaughter I never knew I had."
"Don't worry about my daughter."
"She's my granddaughter."
"Ok is that supposed to mean something. What have you done for your son or your granddaughter? Nothing."
"You're just the baby mama stay in your place."
"Actually I'm the fiancé so nice try."
"I don't know why my son always liked you even when you were little. He basically worship you. I should have known it was only because you were having sex. That's the only way you're mom could keep a man so I guess your following in her footsteps."
"Don't talk about my mother. You got a lot of nerve considering you abandoned your son at 15. Last time I checked you cared more about drugs than you son so I'll ask you this again. What are you doing here?" She left and didn't even bother to answer my question.
"Daddy doesn't need that witch back in his life." I said to my daughter.

Shakur

Whoa am I like dreaming or something? I saw Malaysia holding a baby and a little girl beside her. The baby disappeared from her hands.
"Daddy." A boy that looked about 4 or 5 years old.
"Daddy you have to wake up. Mommy and my sister are waiting for you."
"I think you have the wrong guy. I don't have a son."
"Not yet! You have to wake up first. I'm Hakeem Michaels your son."
"What kinda shit are they giving me in this hospital?"
"You can't use bad words around me Daddy!"
"Shi- I mean my bad."
"I have to go now. Open your eyes to see mommy and my sister." He disappeared. I saw a light. I went towards it and I saw Malaysia holding my daughter. Wait Am I still dreaming.
"Malaysia." She looked at me.
"Oh my god. You're awake."
"Get over here and give your man some love." She leaned over and kissed me.
"I got to go get your doctor." She walked out the room and came back with a doctor.
"Great to see your up Mr. Michaels. We just have to run a couple test and then you're free to go." They did all the tests and then we waited.
"Can I hold her?" I asked
"Of course." Malaysia put Nia in my hands.
"She's so small." I held my daughter for the first time. She is so beautiful
"She was a little under weight when she was born."
"She's beautiful."
"She is."
"Oh shit I'm late for work!"
"Work?"
"Yeah work. I had to get a job."
"Can't you call in sick. I want to spend some time with you."

Malaysia

"Ok I'll call in real quick and tell my boss I can't make it." I went into the hall.
"Hey I'm at the hospital with my fiancé and I can't come in today." I said as professionally as I can.
"Ok that should be fine." I went back into the room with Shakur.
"I'm glad you're awake. I love you." I kissed him. The doctor came back into the room.
"Mr. Michaels I set you up to meet with a physical therapist once a week. We're gonna get you some crutches and you'll be free to go." They got him some crutches.
"I'll go get the car." Malaysia said.
"Oh snap my baby got her L's"
"Yep I had to." I went to the car and put Nia in her car seat. I put the car up to the front of the hospital. Shakur got in.
"I just noticed you cut your hair."
"Yeah I did."
"It looks good."
"Thanks."

Shakur

Malaysia got thick as hell. I like it tho. I wouldn't tell her that because she would say I'm calling her fat and then we'll get in an argument. I don't want to argue about anything. We pulled up to our house. Malaysia got out the car and she got Nia out of the car. I attempted to get out the car but it hurt like a bitch. Malaysia helped me get out of the car. We went inside and I went to sit on the couch on the couch.
"You need me to get you anything?" She asked me standing over me.
"No just come here." She sat next to me but not close enough for me to touch her.
"Why you so far anyway?" She scooted closer. I kissed her. I kissed her neck and she stiffened up. Then she moved away.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing I'm gonna go feed Nia." She grabbed Nia and went upstairs. What's wrong with her?

End of Chapter