Chapter Ten: The Drop

Malaysia
"I'm gotta do a drop for your dad. I'll be back in the morning." This is the third time this week. He must love sleeping on that couch.
"Really? I'm almost 7 months pregnant and your gonna leave me here alone."
"Malaysia I gotta do my job."
"Why does he want you to do it? He got other workers!"
"Just chill and let me do my job Malaysia."
"It's obvious you care more about your stupid job than me and your daughter."
"Where is this coming from? You know I love you and Nia more than anything!"
"Then act like it."
"What the fuck you mean act like it! When I put that ring on your finger I showed you how much I love you!"
"Just go do your dumb ass job."
"I love you."
"Whatever."  Shakur left. I can't believe he'd leave me like that. It was getting kinda late and I was tired so I went to sleep.

Next morning

I woke up and looked at the my phone. I had like 30 missed calls. I didn't see any from my fiancé so I didn't bother to call back. I got up and took a shower. I put on a pair of leggings and a T-shirt. I threw on one of Shakur's hoodies. I brushed my hair into a messy bun. I pulled my phone off the charger and then I went downstairs. Where the hell is my baby daddy? He should have been here by now. I tried calling him but no answer. I went into the kitchen and got some Oreos, spray cheese and a Diet Coke. I sat at the table and ate. Shakur would kill me for eating like this. I tried calling him again. Someone started banging on my door. I went to open it.
"Why the hell haven't you been answering your phone?"
"Why are you here?"
"We have to go to the hospital."
"Why?" They both looked at each other.
"Shakur was shot."
"What?"
"Yesterday he went to do a drop and it went wrong. He was shot multiple times and he's not doing to well."
"How the fuck did you let this happen!! Let's go to the hospital." We got in the car and went to the hospital. I got out the car and went inside the emergency room.
"I'm here for Shakur Michaels."
"He's in surgery right now. Wait here in the waiting room."
"Thank you." I went to the waiting room and took a seat next to Myles. Myles, Melvin, Malik, my dad and some other dudes they work with were also waiting.
"You let this happen." I said staring at my dad.
"Malaysia I had no idea this would happen. You can't blame me for every bad thing that happens to you."
"You probably set the whole thing up so I couldn't get married."
"Malaysia now you speaking crazy. Wait what do you mean married?"
"I'm engaged." I held my hand up showing off my ring.
"Engaged? My little girl is engaged."
"Don't try to make this a moment. I still hate you." We waited for hours for them to tell us something.
"Myles I'm hungry."
"Let's go to get something to eat. We need to talk anyways." I followed Myles to his car. We went to Hardee's. We ordered and then we sat down.
"How are you feeling?"
"I can't loose him. I love him."
"You won't. Shakur is strong."
"I hope so. I love him so much and I don't know what I'd do if he died. I don't want to talk about it anymore."
"Good because there's something I wanted to talk to you about."
"What?"
"Remember when we talked and you asked me why I was never with any girl?"
"Yeah."
"Well that's because-"
"YOU'RE GAY!!"
"Malaysia!"
"Oops sorry. When did you realize that you were gay."
"I don't know. I could just feel it. So I tried something different and I liked."
"I hope your not telling me you had sex because boy or girl that's still gross."
"Not like that. And Malaysia you're the only person I've told about this so you can't tell anyone."
"Are you a top or a bottom?"
"Malaysia!"
"I really wanna know."
"I'm not answering that question."
"You're really strong so you're probably a top."
"Could you not talk about this right now?"
"Ok fine. Ooh can we go to the spa together!"
"Malaysia."
"Ok I'll stop. But I'm really happy you told me."
"Thanks baby sis." Myles hugged me.
"I'm really happy for you big brother."
"You ready to go back."
"I'm scared to go back. What if he didn't make it."
"Malaysia he'll be fine. Think positive." We went back to the hospital.
"Have you heard anything yet."
"No." We sat down and waited.
"Family of Shakur Michaels." We all got up.
"You must be Malaysia."
"Yes."
"Shakur was shot 9 times. 3 times in his right leg. Once in the left leg. Twice in the stomach and another close to the heart. If it were any closer he would have died. There was also a bullet in his skull. We got it out and he's in a coma. He may wake up within a few weeks and with some physical therapy he'll be fine. It could also take months if he even wakes up."
"He might not wake up?"
"There's a possibility."
"Can we see him?"
"Only one person at a time."
"Malaysia can go first."
"Room 365." I walked down the hallway. I went into the room. Tubes and stuff were running in and out of his body. I hated seeing him like this. He looked so lifeless. I touched his hand.
"Shakur you're gonna be ok. I know it. You're strong and I know you're gonna wake up anytime now. I love you and I can't live without you. I need you to get up. Get up." Before I knew it tears were sliding down my face. Be strong Malaysia. I wiped my tears. Then I kissed shakur's cheek before leaving. I went into the hallway. My brother's and my dad were standing outside the door.
"How you feeling?" Malik reached out to hug me.
"No. Don't please."
"Malaysia
"You see what happens when I have feelings. This is why I gotta be a cold hearted bitch. This is why I don't cry or- I don't tell many people I love them but I loved Shakur. Now he's in there fighting for his life and there's nothing I can do about it. Because of you! He might die because of what you made him do! Just leave me the hell alone." I walked away from them. I need to go home. I went home. Once I was locked in my room I let out the ugliest cry.  I can't loose him.

End of chapter