Chapter Thirteen: Boss Lady

Shakur

I think Malaysia is cheating on me. She keeps getting calls and she leaves the room to answer them. Then she comes in from work super late. Then I asked her about it and we always end up arguing then I have to sleep on the couch.
"I'm going out do you need anything?"
"No." I kissed my woman.
"I love you."
"Love you too." She left. Once she got around the corner I grabbed my keys and my daughter and followed her ass. I followed her to a building. It was under construction but it looked almost done. She pulled out her phone and called someone. My phone started ringing. I answered it.
"Well you followed me here you might as well come in." Damn it she saw me. I parked and got Nia out of the car. We went inside.
"You can't trust me for a second can you?"
"Well maybe if you didn't sneak around I'd trust you."
"Malaysia where do you want this- oh so we not doing the surprise thing anymore."
"I guess not since my fiancé doesn't trust me."
"What is this? What are you doing?"
"Well I've been taking cosmetology and business courses and I'm almost finished so I'm opening this salon. Like a family business type thing."
"Where did you get the money for this."
"My savings account. Don't worry I left 10,000 in there for emergencies."
"Well show me around."
"Ok so this is the lobby the receptionist will go here to welcome in the clients. Then if we come back here this room is for waxing, massages and all that. Then the next room is the wash station. There still working on it. Then across the hall we have the station for nails. Then back here we have the room where all the clients will work and if you go in there's a door when the stylist can go get there clients. Easy access. Oh and that's my office over there. You like it?"
"Yeah baby I love it. Does this mean you'll be home more? With our daughter?"
"I will once I get everything together and the money starts rolling in."
"That's not what I ask. Malaysia if this is gonna take you away from your family more than the job you got now I'm not with it. I don't want you to do this. I got a job too and when I gotta do a drop or whatever the case may be I can't because I'm babysitting."
"One it's not babysitting because she's your daughter. Two I'm gonna need you to stop coming at my motherhood. I'm doing this for Nia. Im doing this so you don't have to do a job that almost got you killed!" Nia started whining.

Malaysia

"I'm gonna go obviously we need some space right now. We'll talk at home." They left.
"Malaysia is everything alright?" Jay got out of the game with my help and opened up a construction business. He's helping me with my renovations.
"Yeah everything is fine. So do you think I should put a tv in the room with the stylist and the waiting room."
"If that's what you want."
"I want your personal opinion."
"Well personally I think you should only put one in the waiting room."
"Ok. Then that's what we'll do. I'm going to go pick up the some things for you but I probably won't be back till tomorrow." Tomorrow is the last day of putting everything together. Then Monday and Tuesday I'm doing open interviews. Then on Friday it will be the grand opening party.
"Ok I'll see you tomorrow sis." I hugged him.
"Bye." I went to Best Buy. I went to the Tv section.
"Hey can I help with anything."
"Yeah I wanna get two flatscreens with wall mounts. I'm thinking about a 54 in and a 42 in. What do y'all got?" We went over to the Flatscreens and I picked out two. I paid for them. I pushed the cart thing out the store. I attempted to put them in my car.
"Let me help you beautiful." Two men helped me put the tv's in the car.
"Thank you so much."
"You're welcome. I'm Tyson by the way." I shook his hand.
"I'm Malaysia." I can't lie I'm into light brights and Carmel skin tones but Tyson was one fine dark skin brother.
"It's a pleasure to meet you." Malaysia stop! You are happily engaged.
"Well I have to go. It was nice to meet you."
"Wait Malaysia can I get your number?"
"No sorry I'm engaged and my fiancé probably won't like that." I shut the door.
"And I highly doubt you can handle all the baggage I come with."
"I hope we meet again beautiful." I just smiled then I got in my car and drove off. I went home. I parked in the garage because I have $3,000 worth of Tv's in my car. I went inside.
"Bae!" I yelled wondering where my man was.
"Baby!" I heard music in the back yard. I went to the back yard. And there's a bunch of niggas and bitches in my backyard. I searched for Shakur. I found him with some bitch in his lap.
"Shakur!"
"Hey baby what's up!"
"Really! You got some bitch in yo lap!"
"Who you calling a bitch?" The crusty little bitch asked.
"You bitch. You better pipe down cause you don't want this problem."
"Nobody scared of you baby mama." She got in my face. I wasn't wasting no time so I punched the bitch. We started fighting and Shakur broke up the fight.
"Malaysia what is your problem."
"My problem! You know what fuck you Shakur Michaels!! Fuck you!! I'm taking my daughter and leaving." I went upstairs and got my daughter and I left. I went to my dad's house.
"Daddy?" I called our for him. I looked around for him. I went to the kitchen and I run into her. My mother.
"Malaysia Hey what are you doing here?"
"Where's my dad?"
"He's upstairs. Malaysia-"
"I don't want to talk to you. I want to talk to my father." I went upstairs.
"Dad?"
"Malaysia what are you doing here?"
"Can Nia and I stay here a couple days?"
"Of course but what's wrong with the house I just brought you."
"Shakur and I had a fight."
"He didn't put his hands on you did he?"
"No."
"Ok well you can stay."
"Why is that woman downstairs?"
"Because she's been staying here for the last couple months."
"Really! Why? You getting back together."
"Malaysia she's the mother of my four kids."
"3. I never met that woman."
"Malaysia."
"I don't have a mother!" I walked out and went to my room. I looked in my drawer for a pair of shorts that I could still wear. I put on some shorts and a T-shirt. Nia started crying. I changed her diaper. She kept crying. I went downstairs holding her. I made her a bottle.
"I can hold her if you want."
"I don't need your help."
"Malaysia I know I wasn't here for you when you were a child but I'm here now."
"I don't need you now. I love my dad and my brothers but it's hard being a female in an all male household. There were times I needed you for things they couldn't understand. Now I don't need or want a damn thing from you. You're my brothers mom not mine." I made the bottle. Then I went back upstairs. I feed my daughter and she went to sleep. I went to sleep too.

Marco

I heard my granddaughter whining. I got up to see Malaysia was knocked out with Nia on top of her. I picked her up.
"Let's let your mommy get some sleep." I took Nia in the room with me.
"Malaysia must've had a long day."
"Yeah she's opening a salon. Her fiancé said she was out all night last night and all day today."
"You raised her well. She's very mature for her age."
"That wasn't me. I still treat her like the five year old little girl that use to make me give her piggyback rides after school. I couldn't even keep her safe."
"Yes you did."
"No I didn't. She was getting sexually assaulted and I didn't even know. She was working in a strip club and I had no idea. She hated me for a long time."
"I'm sure she didn't hate you."
"No everytime she said it I knew she meant it." Nia looked up at me.
"Gagagaga."
"She's so pretty."
"She is."
"She looks just like Malaysia except the eyes and the skin tone. She must get those from her father."
Somebody started ringing the door bell repeatedly and banging on the door.
"Just watch her for a minute I'll be right back." I laid Nia on the bed. Who would be knocking on my door this late? I grabbed my gun just in case. I went to the door.
"Who is it?"
"Shakur." I looked at the security cameras. Then I opened the door.
"Is Malaysia here?"
"Shakur it's 2 o'clock in the morning. She's sleeping." Shakur looked a mess. He look like he's been crying and drinking.
"Shakur are you drunk?"
"What? No." His speech was so slurred you could barely understand him.
"Shakur you're drunk."
"No I just wanna talk to Malaysia. She left me." His man really started crying on my shoulder. He hit the bottle a little too hard.
"Shakur I don't want you talking to my daughter until you're sober but I don't want you driving home like this. Go on upstairs to Malik's room."
"I'm not drunk I promise. I love Malaysia and Nia so much."
"Shakur I can smell alcohol on your breath."
"Ok I did have a couple shots. I stopped counting after 16." He almost fell and I helped him upstairs.
"Daddy where's- Shakur what are you doing here?"
"I love you baby. I don't wanna lose you."
"Shakur you're drunk again."
"This has happened before."
"Many many times. Shakur is an alcoholic."
"I'm not an alcoholic. I'm a democrat."
"I got him dad."
"Yeah my baby got me." Malaysia helped Shakur into her room. She came back out.
"How long has Shakur been drinking like that?"
"Shakur has always been drinking like that. He started at 14 when his mom abandoned him. He says it makes the pay go away. He'd come to school drunk sometimes. I've tried getting him help but it's hard because he's under age . He shouldn't be drinking. He gets like that way to often. It stopped after I got pregnant with Nia but now he we are again."
"I'm having second thoughts about you marrying him now."
"Daddy."
"I'm sorry but if his drinking is that bad and try to stop him he might hit you. Then he'll put his hands on you whenever he feels like it. Then you'll get enough and leave him to raise 4 kids on his own. Then he'll sober up."
"Um dad are you speaking from personal experience."
"I use to be like Shakur except I just drank for fun. I dated your mother all throughout high school. We date seven years. My drinking got worst and worse. Your mom tried to get me to stop and I hit her. Then when I drank every time I was angry I'd take it out on your mother. That's why she left me. I stopped drinking and I haven't had a drink since."
"Shakur isn't like that. He loves me and he'd never but his hands on me. I'm going to bed."

Malaysia

I got Nia and we got in bed with Shakur. I got Nia to sleep and then I laid down and closed my eyes. Someone climbed on top of me. I opened my eyes to see Shakur.
"What are you doing?"
"I want you." He started kissing my neck and taking off my clothes.
"Shakur stop." I tried to stop him but he held my hands above my head. He forced himself in between my legs. He entered inside me roughly. I didn't make any noise because I didn't want to wake up Nia. Once he came he kissed me and let me go. He went to sleep. That wasn't rape was it? No Shakur loves me and he wouldn't. Maybe he didn't hear me tell him to stop. I put my clothes back and went to sleep.

End of chapter