Lay me down [Angsty]

The days just seem so dark.
The moon and the stars,
Are nothing without you...

You might think that I'll be long gone, but that depends on you. You are the one who will decide if I stay in your heart or I leave an empty hole in it. The only thing I'm worried about is you. Will you be alright when the nights fall? Are you going to cry every time you think of me? Are you going to stop living because you miss me?

Those were the last words she said to me before leaving my side forever. Those were the last words I heard before my life was over.

What's the point of finding love if it's going to be over the next time you open your eyes? Why can't love just stay and let you be happy? Why does it have to hurt so much?

She knew she was dying, she knew she would break someone's heart. And that's the reason why she didn't accept me at the beginning. But I knew she was going to be the only woman in my life that would not just make me happy, but show me the world of love. The world of magic.

"I want you to stay with me Y/N... I want you to live by my side until the world ends." I told her one night when I found her drowning in tears. I didn't give up, I couldn't continue with my life knowing that my other half was out there, suffering alone. My world became hers and her world became mine. Nothing had any sense if she wasn't there. I didn't want a life full of darkness, she was my only light.

I wanted her see the beauty in life, to have the life she deserved. I wanted her to feel loved at least just once, before passing away.

"Kai? Where are you taking me? Why is everything so quiet? You are starting to freak me out"

"Don't worry jagi. Trust me. You're going to love it".

It was the last time she was healthy. It didn't last for long but it was the best time of our lives. I wanted to show her my favorite place, that secret that no one knew. I took my hands away, letting her see what was surrounding us. Her eyes shine like those little light around us. Those fireflies dancing in the dark night deep in the woods. She took a deep breath, filling her lungs with the fresh air, with the scent of rain.

"This is for you Y/N. I promised myself that I would share this with the girl of my dreams and that's you". I said as I hugged her from behind, dancing slowly under the starry sky. She was so tiny, so delicate. I felt as if she would leave my arms like thin air. How would my life be after she were gone? The answer would come a few weeks later.

I know she wouldn't like me to be like this, I knew she would like me to continue my life. To en the chapter and change the page. But how am I supposed to go back to my life when everything reminds me of her? She loved the same food I did. We always danced together when we could. We went to all the places I knew in town and we stayed in bed until late just talking and laughing.

How would I move on when she I could still feel her touch on my lips; when my hands yearn everyday her soft skin. When my ears miss her heart beat and I unconsciously look for that beautiful pair of deep eyes.

I'm sure I'll never be able to live life the way I once did. I'm not the same Kim Jongin that once smiled and laughed over everything. I still have my friends, I still have my dancing and singing... but she is not here to share it with me. I just get lost in the thought of wanting to be where ever she is. To stroke her cheek and kiss the top of her head. Make her feel safe, make her feel home.

I just want to take care of my girl. Because she most be more lonely than me, because she lived so much and never knew happiness before me. There are no words that can explain what I feel, the way I miss her.

But I promised to make her happy, to make her smile until the end. And this is not the end yet. For her I'll live my life the way she wanted me to, just to feel her close again. Because she is behind my every smile, behind every word I say and every thought I have. If I let darkness swallow me then her memory will be long gone too.

And I can't let that happen. Because I can't be without her. Even if the last thing I have of her is the memory of her kiss.